Head of People
At WiredScore, we’re on a mission to make the world's buildings smarter, and better connected. Because we believe that everyone should be empowered by technology, wherever they are.
A champion of cutting-edge technology in real estate, WiredScore assesses, certifies, and improves digital connectivity and smart technology in homes and offices on a global scale, ensuring that buildings provide the best-in-class infrastructure that businesses and individuals require to thrive.
Founded in 2013, WiredScore is backed by renowned investors like Beringea, Fifth Wall, and Bessemer Venture Partners. We have hubs in New York, London, Paris, Germany, and Singapore. To date, we have empowered over 8 million people in 36 countries. Join us in making the world’s buildings smarter and better connected.
We’re seeking an individual with a passion for people who works relentlessly to create an environment where employees feel valued and able to do their best work.
Based in London but supporting operations globally, you will serve as a player/coach working closely with the leadership team to shape and execute our human resources strategy, overseeing talent acquisition, employee engagement, and development initiatives. You will oversee a 2-person People Operations team to create a culture of innovation, transparency, and inclusion supported through people-minded programs, policies, and initiatives. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing team designing and delivering change, supporting across a number of people-related projects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with the President to develop a people agenda and strategy, aligned to the organization’s strategic objectives and transformation milestones.
- Lead and facilitate our mid and end-of-year reviews
- Analyze and interpret various types of employee reports (e.g., compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision-making and deliver proactive solutions
- Support managers with ad hoc queries
- Provide guidance on people practices such as restructures and succession planning
- Deliver key HR initiatives, including workforce planning, restructuring, resourcing, pay and reward, employee relations, employee engagement and performance management.
- Drive the delivery of HR employee lifecycle activities (e.g. compensation cycle, performance management cycle, talent reviews, succession planning).
- Maintain a clear understanding and provide up-to-date knowledge of the legal framework within which HR operates, developing HR policies in line with current legislation across all countries.
- Strengthen company culture, embodying the voice of People Operations at WiredScore.
- Build relationships with external specialists, keeping up to date with emerging reward and culture trends, innovations, and best practices.
- Manage complex and highly sensitive employee relations, providing advice and support to managers with discretion, ensuring legislation is followed, and liaising with legal advisors as needed.
Key attributes we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Excellent ability to build trusted relationships through a professional and personable approach with employees at all levels.
- 7+ years of Global HR generalist experience, including employee relations, employment law, performance management, coaching, change management, and learning and development.
- Strong organizational skills - you should be comfortable juggling multiple projects & priorities
- Ability to be a true champion of our values - these are at the heart of not just People Operations but the entire team
- Previous experience supporting a People team within a startup environment.
- Adept at relationship management, especially at managerial and key stakeholder levels.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including active listening for determining business goals and suggesting ways to achieve them through HR initiatives
What we offer:
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays and Christmas and New Year office closure
- Flexible hybrid working & 1 Work From Anywhere week per quarter
- Remote working budget to support your home office environment
- Health insurance coverage and income protection
- Automatic enrolment into a 4% matched pension scheme with the opportunity to increase personal contributions
- Enhanced parental leave
- Monthly internet stipend of $15
- Annual wellbeing budget
- Annual learning and development budget
- Strong Corporate Social Responsibility Commitments as a certified B-corp
Diversity & Inclusion:
WiredScore celebrates and supports diversity for the benefit of our employees, our business, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a workplace which thrives on the diversity and inclusion of everyone on the team.
We are eager to hear from a diverse range of candidates. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please discuss this with us.
Disabilities are not a barrier to employment at WiredScore.