Head of Business Development, India
WiredScore is a VC-backed, PropTech company on a mission to make the world’s buildings smarter and better connected. The company assesses and improves digital connectivity and smart technology within offices and homes around the world.
Founded in 2013, WiredScore is backed by renowned investors like Beringea, Fifth Wall and Bessemer Venture Partners. Today, WiredScore has offices in NYC, London, Paris, Berlin, Toronto and Singapore, with 1,000 clients (including 8 of the 10 largest landlords in the world), and works with over 3,700 buildings.
Building on their growth across North America and Europe, WiredScore launched in Singapore in March 2022 as part of its global expansion plan. It has since expanded its APAC footprint with its launch in Hong Kong and Thailand. The business has gathered strong momentum in the APAC region across their four APAC markets (Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand); having worked with ~50 landlords to certify >150 buildings and 68m+ square feet. Clients include Hines, Swire Properties, Brookfield, Blackstone, Keppel REIT, Frasers, Lendlease, Charter Hall, and GPT Group.
Wiredscore owns and operates two products; the WiredScore certification program, the first and only rating system for mobile and internet connectivity in buildings which helps landlords assess, improve, benchmark and promote their buildings and SmartScore, the smart building certification which helps landlords understand, improve and communicate the user functionality and technological foundations of their buildings.
As part of expansion across Asia Pacific, we’re looking for a Head of Business Development, as the first ‘boots on the ground’ to launch and grow our business in India, starting with Bangalore as our first city.
Reporting into the Head of APAC, Thomasin Crowley, this role will be based out of Bangalore with a view, with regular travel to the Singapore hub office.
If you’re a scrappy entrepreneur at heart with business development and relationship building skills, a strong work ethic, and you enjoy the challenge of closing a deal and building a successful business, we would like to meet you.
The position is a unique opportunity to:
- Join a high-growth real estate tech start-up that’s solving problems for both landlords and tenants in an area that is fundamental to all businesses today - technology.
- Contribute materially to the success of the businesses’ geographical expansion, driving the launch and expansion in India, alongside a group of talented team members.
- Form relationships with senior decision makers at the top commercial real estate firms in the world.
- Lead end- to-end business development and sales for the India market (starting with the launch city in Bangalore) , from initial prospecting by account, through to closing deals. This includes but is not limited to:
- identifying prospects and successfully setting up 10+ meetings a week
- meeting with multiple stakeholders in each client account, incl. high-level decision makers
- effectively conducting discovery to qualify deals, understanding a prospects ' challenges, ideal end state, and opportunities for WiredScore to support
- effectively communicating WiredScore value proposition
- ultimately closing deals to grow adoption of the product.
- Build relationships with key advocates and partner organisations in the market, by establishing and empowering our network of Accredited Professionals to generate leads and scale our capacity to certify buildings across India, starting in Bangalore
- Grow awareness of and advocacy for WiredScore by initiating strategic relationships with real estate firms, brokerage agencies, industry organisations, city government, etc.
- Represent WiredScore on panels and at industry events
- Design and help implement local marketing initiatives by working closely with WiredScore's Marketing team to drive demand for the product.
- Serve as an ongoing advisor for our clients to ensure the properties we work with are best positioned to serve the needs of today’s tenants
- Collaborating across the global WiredScore business and capitalising on existing relationships to tap into new markets as well as to ensure strategic initiatives are market ready and effectively executed.
Key attributes we’re looking for in a candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years experience in a direct revenue-generating, with a track record of delivering results
- Experience working within the Indian real estate industry, with experience of working in city markets (Bangalore, Mumbai and other metro cities), including strong network
- Experience working with industry associations ( e.g. CII) and local government to create awareness and evangelise the opportunity space.
- Executive presence - ability to communicate effectively to senior stakeholders and represent WireScore as the key presence in the market
- Knowledge of the key trends within the APAC property market with active curiosity to ensure awareness of market opportunities.
- Additionally, the best person for the role will be an independent go-getter who can point to a demonstrated history of successful prospecting and deal closing in a B2B capacity.
- This person is both action-oriented and a strategic thinker. They can creatively identify targets, craft the best means to reach those targets, and execute with the perfect mix of efficiency and hard work ethic to get deals over the line.
Diversity & Inclusion:
WiredScore celebrates and supports diversity for the benefit of our employees, our business, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a workplace which thrives on the diversity and inclusion of everyone in the team.
We are eager to hear from a diverse range of candidates. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility, please discuss this with us.
Disabilities are not a barrier to employment at WiredScore.