Building Technology Engineer
WiredScore is a property-tech company on a mission to make the world’s buildings smarter and better connected, enabling a more collaborative, innovative and dynamic future.
We do this via our two core products; the WiredScore certification, the first and only rating system for internet connectivity in buildings which helps landlords assess, improve, benchmark and promote their buildings and SmartScore, the smart building certification which helps landlords understand, improve and communicate the user functionality and technological foundations of their buildings. We are the leading provider of assessments to improve digital connectivity and smart technology within commercial real estate globally. WiredScore certifies buildings and generates leads through the WiredScore Accredited Professional (AP) programme. The AP programme enables third-parties to deliver certification services to their clients and communicate the value of certification.
Our 4000+ certified buildings are spread across 160+ cities in over 27 countries including; the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Netherlands, Spain, Portugal and the Middle East -- our clients are the biggest and best building owners in the world; we drive value to clients by evaluating, recommending, and marketing the technology attributes of buildings to tenants.
We are proud to be working with Bessemer Venture Partners, Fifth Wall Ventures, Taronga Ventures, Beringea, Cushman & Wakefield, amongst a number of other strategic investors as our partners and investors as we continue to expand our business to new countries and new verticals.
WiredScore is looking for a sharp, ambitious engineer to join our operations team in Paris. Working with our partners, including top property companies as well as ISPs, governments, engineering, and architecture firms, you will be at the forefront of shaping how digital infrastructure is built across the globe.
We act as trusted advisors, consultants and confidants for our participating organisations, and we use our unique perspective to ensure the properties we work with are best positioned to serve the technology needs of today’s tenants. This opportunity will be of interest to you if you want to join a high growth start up with a group of talented team members. The right candidate will be an organised project manager who can balance multiple activities and clients at the same time.
- Carry out audits of buildings under development and visits to existing buildings, following the methodology established by WiredScore worldwide and adapted specifically to France, Belgium and Luxembourg
- Coordinate technical exchanges with engineers, operators and customers
- In the commercial phase or at the start of the process, carry out feasibility studies in coordination with the business development team
- Carry out technology watch research and contribute to the development of WiredScore's expertise
- Advise our clients, owners, developers and their estate agents on the latest technologies and the possibilities of integrating them into their buildings
- Participate in regular exchanges with the Operations teams in other countries (US, UK, Germany, Canada)
- You will drive partnerships with engineering firms across France, with the ultimate goal of strengthening both our certification program and future business lines. This will involve forming relationships with MEP engineers, architects, smart building solution providers, fiber providers, and ISPs
- You will help shape the future of WiredScore by being an active participant in strategy thinking about innovative future business lines
- A higher education qualification such as an engineering school specialising in construction/real estate/digital infrastructure or equivalent university education
- Over two years of professional experience, with a good general understanding of technology best practices
- You have some technical knowledge of telecoms networks, smart building technology or specific knowledge in the construction or property sectors
Above all, it's your personality, your potential and your skills that will make the difference! Beneficial attributes for this role include:
- Positive team spirit and good interpersonal skills with customers and partners.
- French and English language professional working proficiency
- Project management and/or client management experience
- Relevant construction and/or engineering know-how
- Proficient with GSuite and Microsoft Excel
- Proactive at problem solving
- Comfortable with giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Demonstrated self-starter who can work as part of a team or individually on projects
What we offer:
- Enhanced parental leave
- 16 week fully paid Maternity leave
- 8 week fully paid Paternity leave
- Childcare support through Baboune
- Income protection from March 2022 - financial support if you’re unable to work because of injury or illness
- Office closure between Christmas and New Years - on top of regular annual leave
- Annual learning & development budget of $1,000 and wellbeing budget of $500
- Monthly internet stipend of $15 and remote working budget to support your home office environment
- Strong Corporate Social Responsibility commitments → we are now certified as a B Corp and have an annual volunteering day
- Ticket Restaurant - Lunch vouchers
Diversity & Inclusion:
WiredScore celebrates and supports diversity for the benefit of our employees, our business, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a workplace which thrives on the diversity and inclusion of everyone in the team
We are eager to hear from a diverse range of candidates. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility, please discuss this with us
Disabilities are not a barrier to employment at WiredScore