Director of Finance / Comptroller - Austin, TX (Hybrid)
Accounting & Finance
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Leasing for the Future | Confidence for Today
VERO is a vertical SaaS platform, purpose-built to mitigate risk, increase leasing velocity, and consolidate vendors in the rental real estate workflow. Our cloud-native platform handles everything from applicant pre-qualification through lease execution. VERO’s proprietary technology quickly and accurately verifies financial and personal information critical to risk mitigation and lease execution. VERO creates trust and confidence in the leasing process by empowering property owners and operators to work more efficiently and profitably while simultaneously allowing applicants to maintain control of their own data and financial identity.
OUR CORE VALUES
Respect & Empathy: Empathy - the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
Resolute: We’re obsessed with the word “why.” We challenge each other, we challenge assumptions and we challenge ourselves.
Customer Obsession: Customer centricity means we are obsessed with serving our customers needs with urgency, we are always focused on, and prioritize, solving for their pain. We are always focused, across all of our business units, on understanding their problems and optimizing to offer them solutions which they can utilize today and in the future.
Passion: We are passionate in developing unprecedented solutions to old industry problems and relentlessly push boundaries.
Execution: We believe that execution is paramount and that clearly communicated, measurable goals lead to strong, predictable outcomes. To that end, we strive to ensure that our tasks, processes, and strategies are focused on measurable outcomes, are lightweight and agile, and serve the desired outcome rather than incumber it.
LIFE & CULTURE
We strive to create passionate and results-oriented teams filled with open-minded people that can foster an environment of growth. We believe that by democratizing access to information, we can allow good ideas to percolate from anywhere and avoid siloed thinking. We work fast, hard, and with a focus on the fine details that allow our products to be delightful.
As a Director of Finance, your objective is to deliver financial operational excellence across areas related to FP&A, Budget management, AR & AP, revenue performance reporting, analytical insights and ad hoc financial project management. To achieve these outcomes, you will be an expert in all facets of Financial Reporting and partner directly with leadership to co-develop and deliver on both short and long-term financial objectives across all functional areas of the business. You will be an important partner on a high energy team that loves connecting the industry with business solutions that increase operational efficiency and NOI all while improving the renter journey. Our team is a collaborative, hard working, and success-seeking collective of diverse talent. If you get excited by the ability to touch various pieces of the business and make a tremendous impact, this is the perfect role for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maximize financial outcomes through accurate and timely analysis of budgets, operating costs and financial trends
- Conducts bi-monthly budget variance reviews with program executive and senior management ensuring budgets are fully maximized with no cost overruns
- Perform monthly cash reconciliations & attribution
- Record revenues and expenses
- Help close the books on the a monthly basis with outside accounting firm
- Oversee all accounts payable and receivable functions
- Ensure invoices are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental process and procedures
- Assist with the annual financial statement audit and preparation of the consolidating audited financial statements
- Assist in preparation of periodic presentation for the management and board meetings
- Review, update and maintain a system of internal accounting controls to promote accurate and timely reporting of financial information and the safeguarding of assets
- Participate in implementation of financial systems
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 -7 years of progressively responsible financial management experience which must include SaaS experience
- Must have a solid understanding accounting processes coupled with strong knowledge of GAAP, GAAS and internal controls
- Knowledge of financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow)
- Must be proficient in Excel, MS Office and Quickbooks accounting software; SQL experience is a big plus
- Must be able to work effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to do “big picture” thinking and solve problems in a way that is creative and collaborative
- Exceptional organizational skills/attention to detail and outstanding project management skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple time-sensitive projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Appreciation for talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to our mission.
- Relevant personal experience in the Fintech and Proptech ecosystem is a plus.
VERO is growing. We share an excitement for best-in-class technology, serving our customers, and building unprecedented solutions for complex problems. It’s an exciting time to join VERO, and we’re looking for the best talent to help us build high-impact solutions for businesses and individuals alike.