BIM Application Developer
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 2 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We are looking for our next Latin America-based Junior BIM Application Developer to join our small team of BIM experts.
Ideally, you’re highly collaborative and globally minded - eager to work closely with international clients. and colleagues. You’re proactive, adapt quickly to change and recalibrate your efforts easily. You’re creative and you dream of utilizing your expertise to improve pre-construction workflows and identify untapped business opportunities. You take pride in solving hard problems alongside a team of diverse and passionate trailblazers.
The role of Junior BIM Application Developer is a remote position. Your first two weeks are a paid gig. You will become a full-time employee upon successful completion of your two-week gig.
At Tailorbird, we believe that renovations take too long to organize. Our vision is to organize any renovation instantly by using analytics and automation to accelerate the most challenging pre-construction workflows. We are proud to count some of the largest and most reputable multifamily owners, contractors, and suppliers in the US as our customers. We’re currently in hyper-growth mode and are cash flow positive. We are funded by NFX, Bloomberg Beta, Fifth Wall, Modern Ventures, FJ Labs, and Kleiner Perkins.
We’re a global organization with distributed teams in the US, Latin America and India. Our HQ is located on the campus of Princeton University in Princeton, NJ.
About the Role
We are looking for a Junior BIM Application Developer who possesses a strong technical background in software development for Autodesk Revit and other modern design frameworks.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of BIM-related software applications and tools, specifically targeting mobile and web platforms, with a focus on Construction / Renovation for multi-family residential units.
Your tasks will involve not only building new tools but also providing support for the existing ones, ensuring their smooth functionality, and identifying areas for improvement.
Partner with external and internal cross-functional development teams to architect, design, and implement desktop and cloud-based BIM rendering and editing features as a part of a dynamic and agile team.
This is a remote position. Your first two weeks are a paid gig. You will become a full-time employee upon successful completion of your two-week gig.
You’ll Get To
- As a Junior BIM Application Developer, you will play a vital role in supporting the research and proposal of System Architecture for various automation requirements in AEC design software environments.
- You will work closely with the team to build, maintain, and test Autodesk Revit add-ins while also contributing to the documentation and training provided to internal/external teams and users.
- You will be involved in the development of reliable cloud-based applications through Forge/Revit API integrations.
- Your responsibilities will also extend to assisting in the creation of mobile and/or web applications designed to access and manipulate BIM data.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to project plans and stakeholder communications in an Agile/Scrum environment
We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Architecture, or Mechanical/Civil Engineering and/or evidence of exceptional ability.
- You will have the opportunity to learn and grow in the design and development of interactive and modern user interfaces using WPF/XAML.
- Additionally, you will be exposed to the creation and consumption of secure REST APIs for BIM-related applications.
- While prior experience in Computational geometry design projects is not required, your exposure to such projects will be considered a valuable asset.
- Fluent in both Spanish and English.
Reasons to consider not taking this role at Tailorbird:
Please note: We value transparency and we intend to set expectations accurately. Working at Tailorbird is a thrilling journey and we want to ensure this is a fit for both you and our team.
- Typically, early-stage startups are not a 9-5 job. Your colleagues will be working long hours and have high expectations. We work based on goals, not time sheets.
- Startup environments may test your tolerance for ambiguity. We don't always have the answer. Sometimes, you'll be given a high-level objective and you will need to devise a plan to execute on time.
- Building a product requires inner calm and motivation: the ability to not grow frustrated if a process changes or a mistake is made is critical for success.
Our Founders are experienced entrepreneurs and Fortune 100 executives with proven operating experience to launch and scale new ventures, and a history of successful company exits.
We are proudly building a truly cross-functional team that cares as much about an empathetic work culture as we do for building technology that matters. Tailorbird's people are what make our product exceptional..
Benefit & Perks
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage, venture-backed company
- Open PTO policy
- Company owned laptop is provided.
- Work From Home and Healthcare reimbursement (with cap amounts).
Tailorbird is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.