To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 2 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
At Tailorbird, we believe that renovations take too long to organize. Our vision is to organize any renovation instantly by using analytics and automation to accelerate the most challenging pre-construction workflows. We are proud to count some of the largest and most reputable multifamily owners, contractors, and suppliers in the US as our customers. We are funded by NFX, Bloomberg Beta, Fifth Wall, Moderne Ventures, FJ Labs, and Kleiner Perkins. Join us as we build the easy button for home renovations.
We’re a global organization with distributed teams in the US, Latin America and India. Our HQ is located on the campus of Princeton University in Princeton, NJ.
About the Role
We are looking for our next Latin America-based Architect who wants to help us automate the most challenging pre-construction workflows.
Ideally, you are globally minded and eager to work closely with international clients and colleagues. You're a spatial thinker who loves using BIM software. You adapt quickly to change and are comfortable with ambiguity. You take pride in solving hard problems alongside a team of diverse and passionate trailblazers.
The role of Architect is a remote position. The architecture team is based in Latin America. Your first two weeks are a paid gig. You will become a full-time employee upon successful completion of your two-week gig.
You'll Get To
- Be the face of Tailorbird as you communicate directly with our customers about their large-scale renovation projects.
- Utilize Revit and other BIM software to accurately model floorplans and create viable as-built drawings.
- Collaborate with international business, product and engineering leaders across multiple time zones to build revolutionary solutions for pre-construction delays and common rework loops.
- Empower stakeholders to accelerate the acquisition and renovations processes – you'll be able to see the changes you’re making for our business and our customers firsthand.
We're Looking For
- Advanced Revit abilities and advanced abilities of Microsoft Excel
- 3+ years professional experience as an architect
- An excellent communicator: you’re a native Spanish speaker with strong oral/written skills in English.
- Attention to detail: you’re the first to spot errors or particularities – nothing gets by you.
- Exceptional time management skills: you prioritize tasks and consistently deliver work on time.
- Growth mindset: your habits align with continuously learning and improving, both professionally and personally.
- Relational skills: you have a passion for people and being a part of a close-knit team that loves helping one another.
Reasons to consider not taking this role at Tailorbird:
Please note: We value transparency and we intend to set expectations accurately. Working at Tailorbird is a thrilling journey and we want to ensure this is a fit for both you and our team.
- Typically, early-stage startups are not a 9-5 job. Your colleagues will be working long hours and have high expectations. We work based on goals, not time sheets.
- Startup environments may test your tolerance for ambiguity. We don't always have the answer. Sometimes, you'll be given a high-level objective and you will need to devise a plan to execute on time.
- Building a product requires inner calm and motivation: the ability to not grow frustrated if a process changes or a mistake is made is critical for success.
Our Founders are experienced entrepreneurs and former Fortune 100 executives with proven operating experience to launch and scale new ventures, and a history of successful company exits.
We are proudly building a truly cross-functional team that cares as much about an empathetic work culture as we do for building technology that matters. Tailorbird's people are what make our product exceptional.
Benefit & Perks
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage, venture-backed company.
- Open PTO policy.
- Company owned laptop is provided
- Work From Home and Healthcare reimbursement (with cap amounts).
Tailorbird is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.