Site Safety Manager
Do you want to be on the cutting edge of the clean energy / climate tech industry? Are you excited about the intersection of renewable energy and the circular economy? We are too. And that’s why we launched SOLARCYCLE, Inc, a tech-driven recycling platform designed to maximize solar sustainability.
The solar industry needs a global end-of-life partner to restore, renew and ultimately recycle yesterday’s solar panels, inverters and batteries for tomorrow’s clean energy projects. SOLARCYCLE aims to be the partner of choice for solar asset owners looking for a responsible solution to their end-of-life system needs. And we need you to direct our field operations to help us become a leader in this new burgeoning sector in the renewable energy industry.
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all Safety Policies. - Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in safety policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Analyze safety metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
- Perform frequent site safety audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
- Audit record-keeping practices to be aligned with local regulations.
- Audit the workplace behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
- Seek input from Employees and Site Leadership on safety program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
- Ensure site leadership and Employees are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a safety related field.
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
- Experience leading multiple direct reports.
- 2+ years of leadership responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing or production operations.
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with site leaders.
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy Proficient in Microsoft Office and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics.
You don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you think this role is for you but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right person for this role.
You will be working alongside a highly successful team who deliver amazing innovative work in the solar PV industry! The solar industry needs a global end-of-life partner to restore, renew and ultimately recycle yesterday’s solar panels for tomorrow’s clean energy projects. SOLARCYCLE aims to be the partner of choice for solar asset owners looking for a responsible solution to their end-of-life system needs.
Solar power is one of the most powerful tools humanity has in our fight against climate change. But for solar to truly scale to its full potential, we need to create renewable supply chains and a vibrant secondary market for upcycled panels and recycled materials. SOLARCYCLE was founded by experts and advocates in solar, climate and circular economy. Our investors come from the frontlines of the solar industry, including the founders of SolarCity, SunPower and Nextracker. This is the next frontier - ensuring a cleaner, more sustainable and domestic supply of the critical minerals needed for the next wave of solar. We exist to make clean energy massively scalable and even more sustainable by radically advancing recycling technology and infrastructure for the solar industry. If this resonates with you, we really want to meet yoU.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SOLARCYCLE is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.