Runwise is looking for a Staff / Senior Accountant to join one of the largest and fastest-growing energy tech companies in the US. Runwise has offices in New York and Boston but is a remote-first product/engineering company, and has been since its creation.
Runwise (www.runwise.com) is a fast-paced New York City-based prop-tech startup that controls and runs heating systems in nearly 6,000 + buildings throughout the Northeast. Runwise’s unique hardware and software services significantly reduce energy usage - substantially lowering costs and carbon output. As of today, Runwise's technology takes the equivalent of 50,000 cars worth of carbon emissions off the road each year. Runwise works with the biggest owners and property managers in the Northeast and is backed by some of the most prestigious investors in the space.
As a Staff / Senior Accountant at Runwise, you’ll join a high performing and growing finance team, and be directly responsible for the execution and improvement of our accounts receivable and invoicing processes. We’re looking to add an experienced self-starter who is hyper detail-oriented and organized, with a knack for solving problems and offering creative solutions. You’ll work closely with our Controller and CFO to ensure accurate and up-to-date financial record keeping, and collaborate cross functionally with our partners in Sales, Operations, Onboarding, and Customer Success to execute and improve various processes and initiatives.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Customer Invoicing:
- Generate accurate and timely customer invoicing across various revenue types and lines of business
- Utilize robust contract functionality in ERP system (Sage Intacct) to maintain accurate recurring contract details and ensure accurate revenue recognition in line with relevant accounting standards
- Manage invoice disputes, and assist collections personnel in promptly reviewing and resolving all invoice and payment related customer issues
- Customer Management:
- Maintain accurate customer records within the ERP system, including customer contact information, billing terms, billing formats, and account relationships to ensure invoices are delivered as required
- Manage customer vendor onboarding and credentialing requirements and collaborate with HR/Compliance to process customer requests
- Process & System Improvement
- Identify AR-related inefficiencies and develop new systems and processes to address issues and improve team performance
- Work with leaders across Sales, Operations, Onboarding and Customer Success to create and enhance scalable cross-functional processes
- Assist the Controller and CFO in monthly close processes
- Assist in the execution of various other accounting operations including credit card expense management, employee expense reimbursement, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field
- 5+ years of hands-on accounts receivable experience
- Direct experience within a software business strongly preferred
- Expert proficiency with accounting software and robust ERP systems
- Direct experience with Sage Intacct strongly preferred
- 2+ year of public account experience preferred
- Strong fundamental understanding of accounting principles
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Willingness to dig in, investigate issues, and experiment with creative solutions
Runwise is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We celebrate and support diverse perspectives, skills, and experiences within our company
Salary range: $70,000-$100,000 (based on experience)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company and create a career path beyond this initial role. You will be surrounded by talented people where you will learn about real estate and software/managed services sales at a very fast growing tech company, whilst having a tangible impact on reducing carbon emissions across the country.