Director, Install Partners
Runwise is looking for a Director of Install Partners to play an integral role in expanding our sales reach and building out our service partner channel.
Runwise (www.runwise.com) is a fast-paced New York City-based energy startup that controls and runs heating systems in over 6,000 buildings throughout the Northeast. Runwise’s unique hardware and software services significantly reduce energy usage - substantially lowering costs and carbon output. As of today, Runwise's technology takes the equivalent of 50,000 cars worth of carbon emissions off the road each year. Runwise works with the biggest owners and property managers in the Northeast and is backed by some of the most prestigious investors in the space.
As the Director of Install Partners at Runwise, you will be responsible for building great relationships and driving sell-through with the biggest boiler service companies in New York. Runwise has existing relationships with many of these companies, but there is still opportunity for additional partner recruitment. The primary opportunity with this Director Level role will be enabling our partners at these boiler services companies to integrate Runwise into their offering and capitalize on all the demand (and rebates!) for online boiler controls. Our direct sales team adds thousands of buildings to the platform every year. The Director of Install Partners will help our service partners take a part of that growth.
The right candidate is someone who is entrepreneurial and business minded. Success in this role requires the ability to step into a boardroom and pitch an executive team about the opportunity of investing resources into selling Runwise, but also the ability to go into boiler rooms with service techs to win their trust and establish credibility.
- Win senior leadership buy in from boiler service companies around the opportunity for their organization to sell Runwise
- Form deep relationships with boiler service sales reps and technicians in order to be top of mind for potential Runwise opportunities
- Assist on deals sourced by install partners to help assure end users that Runwise is a great fit for their building
- Work cross functionally between Runwise’s onboarding team, marketing team, and direct sales team to be the internal voice of the service partners
- Generate professional presentations and error free proposals on quick deadlines
- Maintain clean systems and gain proficiency in CRM (Salesforce), automated email tools (Outreach), lead gen tools, city databases, and excel
This position requires a combination of prior direct sales success, as well as experience building partnerships or channel sales. Relationship selling skills, with the ability to make a compelling business case, are essential.
Experience working with and selling building systems and boilers is a major plus.
- 7-10+ years of exceeding quota in a Channel Sales, Account Management or Account Executive role
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic presence.
- High level of integrity and an energetic commitment to building a successful book of business.
- Ability to balance in person meetings while being highly responsive to partner requests
- Adept computer skills including proficiency with LinkedIn, Google Suite, Excel. Experience with CRM applications preferred.
Runwise is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We celebrate and support diverse perspectives, skills, and experiences within our company
Salary range: $220,000- $250,000 on target earnings with uncapped commission. This is an in person role based in our New York City office.