Placer.ai is a fast-growing big data startup led by seasoned executives and repeat entrepreneurs who are building the world's first "Google Analytics for the physical world." Placer.ai’s platform provides instant visibility into any property in the U.S., presenting accurate details about visitation patterns and demographic breakdowns of visitors. Placer.ai’s customers can see where visitors have been before, where they go afterwards, where they typically go for sports, entertainment, groceries, etc., and what their interests are. Placer.ai's A.I.-based SaaS platform replaces archaic solutions such as manual surveys, installed cameras and other people-counting systems, creating a blue ocean market of more than $100B.
Placer.ai has grown 3x year-over-year for the past 3 years, counting more than 2,700 paying customers across a range of industries, including 2 of the world’s top-10 retailers, 2 of the top-10 CPG firms worldwide, a world’s top hospitality firm, 2 of the world’s top-10 commercial real estate (CRE) firms and 2 of the world’s top multinational asset managers and hedge funds. Placer.ai has just raised $100M for Unicorn ($1B+) valuation in Series C funding.
As an MLOps Engineer at Placer you will work closely with data science, data engineers and other stakeholders to streamline, scale and optimize our machine learning solutions and democratize our data pipeline infrastructure. You will be responsible for building tools and services for developing, deploying, monitoring and maintaining ML models in production.
Placer’s data is unique in its size and complexity. You will be dealing with massive processing scale of +10TB of data, having to implement solutions for both online and offline scenarios
This person will work on shaping and paving the way in pursuing and materializing our vision. Passion is a MUST and passion for data even more so!
- Build tools and services for developing, deploying, monitoring and maintaining ML models in production
- Design and implement generic data pipeline solutions to efficiently process and transform large volumes of data for training and inference purposes
- Collaborate with data scientists and software engineers to operationalize and deploy ML models, including model versioning, packaging, and integration with existing systems.
- Collaborate with DevOps teams to integrate ML pipelines and workflows into the overall CI/CD process, ensuring flawless deployments and rollbacks.
- Automate the training and retraining processes, ensuring regular model updates and improvements based on new data and performance feedback.
- Build and maintain monitoring and alerting systems to proactively identify and resolve issues related to model performance, data quality, and infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java, or Scala, along with experience in using ML frameworks and libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn).
- Solid understanding of data engineering principles and experience with Apache Spark for data processing
- Understanding of Machine Learning pipelines including feature stores, experiment tracking, model deployment, feedback loop etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes including using open source solutions from the eco-system
- Experience with "Infrastructure as a code" tools such as Terraform, Pulumi or similar
- Skills with at least one of general purpose languages such as Python, Java/Scala or Go
- Experience working with public cloud
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to proactively lead the day-to-day communication with data engineering and data science teams.
- Ability to move independently and lead large initiatives E2E.
- Sense of humor, all around team player, fast self-learning individual, problem solver
WHY JOIN PLACER.AI?
Join a rocketship! We are pioneers of a new market that we are creating
- Take a central and critical role at Placer.ai
- Work with, and learn from, top-notch talent
- Competitive salary
NOTEWORTHY LINKS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PLACER
- Placer.ai in a nutshell
- Placer.ai's recent $100M round C funding (unicorn valuation!)
- Placer.ai's data
- Placer.ai in the news
- COVID-19 Economic Recovery Dashboard
Placer.ai is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Placer.ai’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Placer.ai applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact Placer.ai’s Human Resources Department to make the need for an accommodation known.