Big Data Automation Engineer
Placer.ai is a fast-growing big data startup led by seasoned executives and repeat entrepreneurs who are building the world's first "Google Analytics for the physical world." Placer.ai’s platform provides instant visibility into any property in the U.S., presenting accurate details about visitation patterns and demographic breakdowns of visitors. Placer.ai’s customers can see where visitors have been before, where they go afterwards, where they typically go for sports, entertainment, groceries, etc., and what their interests are. Placer.ai's A.I.-based SaaS platform replaces archaic solutions such as manual surveys, installed cameras and other people-counting systems, creating a blue ocean market of more than $100B.
Placer.ai has grown 3x year-over-year for the past 3 years, counting more than 2,200 paying customers across a range of industries, including 2 of the world’s top-10 retailers, 2 of the top-10 CPG firms worldwide, a world’s top hospitality firm, 2 of the world’s top-10 commercial real estate (CRE) firms and 2 of the world’s top multinational asset managers and hedge funds. Placer.ai has just raised $100M for Unicorn ($1B+) valuation in Series C funding.
We are looking for an excellent big data and automation expert to find best in-class solutions for automating and testing complex data driven platforms. This person will work with data engineers and product managers to enable firm automation validation of our big data infrastructures system health and big data metrics business logic accuracy. You will turn manual processes company wide, into automated ones using the newest big data technology.
- Maintain best in class top-quality deliverables
- Manual testing, data validations, and data readiness validation of Placer big data & analytics platform
- Write and execute complex tests over complex big data metrics and big data infrastructure
- Automate tests using Python, Pytest, Spark, Pyspark, SQL and Selenium
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years of experience in data/BI test automation, data/BI QA, data analysis or BI
- Experience with SQL and complex data querying/analysis vs. SQL and no-SQL databases
- Self-motivated, quick learner, and team player
- Experience with web testing tools
- Experience with test design, test planning
- Experience with Python or similar programming language
- Experience with automating testing platforms like Junit, PyTest, Selenium, Appium
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with big-data ecosystem (querying and writing vs databases and data files of tens/hundreds of billions of records, data processing of billions of records, …)
WHY JOIN PLACER.AI?
- Join a rocketship! We are pioneers of a new market that we are creating
- Take a central and critical role at Placer.ai
- Work with, and learn from, top-notch talent
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
- Hybrid working mode
NOTEWORTHY LINKS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PLACER
- Placer.ai in a nutshell
- Placer.ai's recent $100M round C funding (unicorn valuation!)
- Placer.ai's data
- Placer.ai in the news
- COVID-19 Economic Recovery Dashboard
Placer.ai is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Placer.ai’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Placer.ai applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact Placer.ai’s Human Resources Department to make the need for an accommodation known.