Director of Pricing
Placer.ai is a fast-growing big data startup led by seasoned executives and repeat entrepreneurs who are building the world's first "Google Analytics for the physical world." Placer.ai’s platform provides instant visibility into any property in the U.S., presenting accurate details about visitation patterns and demographic breakdowns of visitors. Placer.ai’s customers can see where visitors have been before, where they go afterwards, where they typically go for sports, entertainment, groceries, etc., and what their interests are. Placer.ai's A.I.-based SaaS platform replaces archaic solutions such as manual surveys, installed cameras and other people-counting systems, creating a blue ocean market of more than $100B.
Placer.ai has grown 3x year-over-year for the past 3 years, counting more than 2,000 paying customers across a range of industries, including 2 of the world’s top-10 retailers, 2 of the top-10 CPG firms worldwide, a world’s top hospitality firm, 2 of the world’s top-10 commercial real estate (CRE) firms and 2 of the world’s top multinational asset managers and hedge funds. Placer.ai has just raised $100M for Unicorn ($1B+) valuation in Series C funding.
As Director of Pricing, you will own everything pricing related at Placer. You will leverage qualitative and quantitative analysis to create and operationalize pricing recommendations that will drive increases in ASP, conversion rates, and retention rates. You will run pricing projects end-to-end, from problem and hypothesis development through analysis to recommendation, while driving cross-functional alignment to ensure smooth implementation by the GTM Teams.
You’ll be highly visible to Placer leadership, working directly with the company’s COO, CRO, CFO and CEO.
- Create and update pricing strategies & rate cards across all our verticals and products that drive maximum ASP, conversion rates/ market penetration, and customer retention
- Drive alignment on pricing with product, marketing, sales, & finance leaders
- Recommend packaging by vertical & customer segment. What products should be bundled together and why?
- Drive discounting decision-making. When, how, and why do we discount?
- Work with sales and deals desk leaders to proactively identify opportunities where pricing can improve deal velocity, increase market penetration, or improve ASP and profitability
- Establish templates and processes for pricing research, modeling pricing strategies, and proposing and getting approval from our VP of Sales, CS & Renewals, and CRO for new pricing structures
- Establish a process to evaluate ad-hoc pricing requests for markets where we do not have a standard pricing table and support Sales in a timely manner
- Consistently partner with Sales Operations to support best-in-class data tracking & reporting
- Build out Placer’s pricing & commercial enablement program and content; partner with the sales & CS enablement teams to deliver pricing content and training to our field sales team
- 7+ years of professional work experience with 4+ years pricing experience as an in-house pricing strategy owner or as a pricing consultant at a highly regarded pricing consultancy
- Demonstrated experience with various pricing models and strategies such as SaaS, credit/token, usage-based, etc and successful track record of driving pricing transformation and execution
- Exceptional leadership & communication skills and experience navigating and influencing in a team-based, cross-functional, and fully distributed environment
- Strong research capabilities including qualitative customer interviews and customer value research, and top notch quantitative modeling techniques
- Ability to manage multiple projects & priorities, seamlessly moving between strategy & execution
- Experience with B2B SaaS/data subscription business model(s) is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, in business, economics, accounting or a similar quantitative degree
WHY JOIN PLACER.AI?
- Join a rocketship! We are pioneers of a new market that we are creating
- Take a central and critical role at Placer.ai
- Work with, and learn from, top-notch talent
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
- Fully remote
NOTEWORTHY LINKS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PLACER
- Placer.ai's recent $100M round C funding (unicorn valuation!)
- Placer.ai's data
- Placer.ai in the news
- COVID-19 Economic Recovery Dashboard
Placer.ai is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Placer.ai’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Placer.ai applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact Placer.ai’s Human Resources Department to make the need for an accommodation known.