Sr Software Engineer
About the Role and Team
Are you thrilled about the opportunity to revolutionize the Real Estate industry by applying cutting edge technologies? Does the prospect of working on the next generation of PropTech excite you? If so, then read on to find out more about this interesting opportunity with Opendoor.
The Consumer Tooling team’s mission is to deliver a best-in-class home buying and selling experience for prospective customers by enabling a seamless home access and transaction process while providing Opendoor operators and agents with intelligent capabilities and tools.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will
- Drive full-stack feature and platform development to enable a simple, certain buying and selling experience through tooling that enables our operators, agents, and customers
- Influence the technology and architectural roadmap of the organization
- Play an active role in hiring and mentoring other engineers
We’re looking for teammates who have
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- A track record of approximately 8+ years of solving platform-level problems for multiple teams across the stack by building and delivering production quality software systems
- Excellent communication skills: Clear written and oral communication is important to our ability to operate as a remote team and in building our relationship with our cross-functional partners
- Strong sense of ownership and customer empathy: Our mission is to create a seamless customer experience; understanding the intricacies of the customer journey and being proactive about doing right by our customers is critical to our success.
- Strong engineering fundamentals: we value transferable experience writing & debugging code, scaling existing services, and designing/architecting software systems.
- Proven expertise in their technology of choice. Ideally full-stack development experience using React, GraphQL, Ruby, Golang, ElasticSearch, and PostgresSQL.
Remote roles in India are available in all territories.