Staff Software Engineer- Ruby on rails OR Golang
About the Role and Team
Are you thrilled about the opportunity to revolutionize the Real Estate industry by applying cutting edge technologies? Does the prospect of working on the next generation of PropTech excite you? If so, then read on to find out more about this interesting opportunity with Opendoor.
The Consumer Tooling team’s mission is to deliver a best-in-class home buying and selling experience for prospective customers by enabling a seamless home access and transaction process while providing Opendoor operators and agents with intelligent capabilities and tools.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will
- Define and guide the team’s technical strategies, vision, decisions and architecture that enable a simple, certain customer experience
- Collaborate with various engineering teams and product managers to understand their needs and build tooling features that both meet the immediate need and fit into the larger platform vision
- Level up the organization by mentoring backend and frontend engineers in system design, technical decisions and technical project management
- Contribute to all phases of software development cycle - ideation, build and release - with a bias towards action but consideration for long-term maintainability and scalability
- Partner with your engineering manager and product manager to define our roadmap and advocate for platform adoption and technical excellence across the organization
We’re looking for teammates who have
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- A track record of approximately 12+ years of solving platform-level problems for multiple teams across the stack by building and delivering production quality software systems
- Excellent communication skills: Clear written and oral communication is important to our ability to operate as a remote team and in building our relationship with our cross-functional partners
- Strong sense of ownership and customer empathy: Our mission is to create a seamless customer experience; understanding the intricacies of the customer journey and being proactive about doing right by our customers is critical to our success.
- Strong engineering fundamentals: we value transferable experience writing & debugging code, scaling existing services, and designing/architecting software systems.
- Proven expertise in their technology of choice. Ideally full-stack development experience using React, GraphQL, Ruby, Golang, ElasticSearch, and PostgresSQL.
Remote roles in India are available in all territories.