Sr. Engineering Manager - Consumer Tooling
About the Team
Are you thrilled about the opportunity to revolutionize the Real Estate industry by applying cutting edge technologies? Does the prospect of working on the next generation of PropTech excite you? If so, then read on to find out more about this interesting opportunity with Opendoor.
The Consumer Tooling team’s mission is to deliver a best-in-class home buying and selling experience for prospective customers by enabling a seamless home access and transaction process while providing Opendoor operators and agents with intelligent capabilities and tools.
Additionally, as an Engineering leader at Opendoor, you will mentor and lead teams of engineers to build scalable products, rapidly ship new experiences, and be a thought partner for our business and operations counterparts, all while getting first-hand experience scaling a complex business and growing an organization. You will lead, manage, and inspire engineers to ship software that solves customer problems. As a hands-on leader with a bias towards action, you’ll help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements.
Skills and Experience Needed
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 12+ years of experience in the software industry with a track record of supporting cross-functional consumer product teams.
- Strong experience collaborating with Product, Design, and other cross-functional stakeholders in an OKR or metrics driven organization.
- 4+ years of experience as a hands-on technical engineering manager, managing team of 5-10 engineers
- Experience designing and architecting highly scalable consumer applications (real estate and prop tech domain expertise is a plus)
- Proven track record of leading productive engineering teams and shipping world class products
- A bias towards action and an iterative approach to problem-solving
- Experience actively coaching and mentoring team members in their careers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
Remote roles in India are available in all territories.