Staff Software Engineer- Backend
About the team
We are looking for founding members for a new team that will shape the future of mobile development and infrastructure at Opendoor. Come join the team empowering mobile product engineers at Opendoor to deliver world class mobile experiences for buying and selling homes.
- Partner with other leaders to create clarity on our mobile infrastructure strategy and roadmap.
- Keep critical dependencies of the mobile app up-to-date while staying ahead of external upgrade deadlines.
- Maintain and improve the release infrastructure of the mobile app and conduct weekly releases to the app stores.
- Ensure that the mobile app stays compliant with app store requirements and external and internal vulnerability guidelines.
- Develop and maintain the infrastructure for QA and product engineering teams to conduct simulator and on-device testing and dogfooding of the mobile app.
- Maintain the CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure for automated builds and tests, including unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Stay up to date with the latest mobile technology trends and drive best practices across our teams.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 12+ years of delivering production quality software systems.
- 3+ years of experience developing mobile applications using React Native and Native Modules.
- Experience with releasing regularly to iOS and Android app stores.
- Experience working closely with app store reviewers and translating their guidelines and requirements into action items for their own team.
- Experience managing build, CI/CD, and release workflows using tools like Github Actions, Bitrise and Fastlane.
- Experience driving and improving the developer experience building and shipping high-quality product experiences in mobile applications.
Remote roles in India are available in all territories.