Software Engineering Manager- Mobile Infrastructure
About the team
We are looking for founding members for a new team that will shape the future of mobile development and infrastructure at Opendoor. Come join us to build the team empowering mobile product engineers at Opendoor to deliver world class mobile experiences for buying and selling homes.
- You will be the first hire for this team. Hire and build out a high-performing team.
- Mentor and coach your direct reports to have impact and grow in their careers.
- Partner with other leaders to create clarity on our mobile infrastructure strategy and roadmap.
- Stay up to date with the latest mobile technology trends (e.g. React Native, Expo, and automated testing tools) and work with your team to advocate for best practices across Opendoor.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 12+ years of experience in the software industry.
- 4+ years of experience as a hands-on technical engineering manager, managing a team of 5-10 engineers.
- Opinionated, pragmatic, and well-versed on mobile infrastructure best practices (e.g. dependency management, CI/CD, app store release management, etc).
- A proven track record of building winning engineering teams via hiring, team development/coaching, and performance management.
- Strong engineering fundamentals and demonstrable excellence as a lead engineer.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience fostering effective working environments across time zones.
Remote roles in India are available in all territories.