Staff Infrastructure Engineer
About the Team
The Cloud Infrastructure team takes care of cloud infrastructure and site-reliability functions at Opendoor. We are responsible for building out the shared services capabilities, frameworks, tools, processes to enable internal teams to run their infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
We're seeking a Staff Infrastructure Engineer to join us in our mission to scale our Cloud platform for the next generation of growth at Opendoor.
- Design, build, and operate the core platform infrastructure (e.g. cloud resources, improving our IaC tooling, improving container orchestration)
- Lead and execute complex cloud programs like: migration to EKS, moving to cost efficient resources which may include breaking down the high level objectives into actionable milestones with measurable outcomes, creating design documents and hands on execution.
- Diagnose and fix problems stemming from complex interactions of a wide range of components in a modern service platform.
- Guide the broader team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs.
- Act in key support roles during major incidents. Participate in the post-incident review process.
- Design and implement processes to maintain and improve organization-wide reliability which may include proposing tactics to improve our observability platform.
- 5+ years of DevOps and SRE experience.
- Practical experience administering and provisioning Kubernetes pipelines.
- Experience with cluster reliability and EKS adoption.
- Coding skills in one or more languages - we mostly write Go, Python, and Ruby at Opendoor, but experience with others is also valuable.
- Experience with creating and managing AWS resources with Terraform.
- Familiarity with monitoring and optimizing Observability systems like Sentry or Datadog.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, lead with a growth mindset and be a team player.
Remote roles in India are available in all territories.