Security Software Engineer
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are looking for an experienced Security Software Engineer to join our team and help us revolutionize the way people move around cities. At Lime, our Security team enables Limers to make cyber security-aware decisions by developing processes to detect gaps in security as close to the developers as possible. We also actively identify vulnerabilities or incidents related to our use of cloud resources, applications(mobile, web, firmware, and IoT), etc., and perform full-cycle incident response during on-call (mitigation, correction, prevention).
You’ll play a vital role in effectively sharing knowledge and expertise with others while doing security work, contributing to the growth of the security/compliance function at Lime, and defining the bar for Lime-wide quality and best practices. And the best part? You get an opportunity to work with a talented group of software and data engineers, scientists and PMs who are passionate about creating innovative solutions for urban transportation! If this sounds like a team you'd like to be part of, read on to understand more about what you'll do in this role and what's required to do it.
What You'll Do:
- Design and build security infrastructure used by all Lime teams.
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make. In many cases, you will be the decider of these decisions.
- Improve security-related standards and processes.
- Improve Lime’s infrastructure following modern security practices for cloud-native application development.
- Design, develop, and implement security solutions.
- Lead vulnerability assessments and penetration testing efforts.
- Develop and maintain security incident response plans.
- Mentor and train junior security engineers.
- 2+ years of industry professional security development experience, and a track record of building impactful security products or systems.
- Care deeply about the developer experience
- Experience with setting up monitoring, metrics & reporting systems for fine-grained observability and actionable alerting
- Strong understanding of application and infrastructure security
- Strong understanding of cloud-native application development.
- Understanding and experience with relevant threats and the corresponding attack patterns, techniques, mindset, and types of vulnerabilities that an attacker may exploit, and defense techniques to mitigate them. (Web, Mobile, Kubernetes, Cloud, Firmware, IoT and Privacy. Fluent in at least two is required)
- Proficient and able to write high-quality code in any one language (python, golang, bash, ruby etc)
- Familiarity with AWS, Terraform, and Kubernetes preferred.
- Able to multitask and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated interest in owning and driving new ideas in information security.
- Ability to communicate risks, priorities, and the reasoning behind those decisions to partners, peers, and customers
- Anticipate challenges and be able to influence the technical direction of Lime to execute vision even in the face of significant misalignment using the ability to deconstruct (reveal the basis to expose inconsistencies) and simplify problems to stakeholders.
The anticipated salary range for this position is CA$104,000.00 - CA$120,000.00. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.