Senior Manager, Transportation Policy & Analytics
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is looking for a skilled transportation professional to join our Central Policy team. As the leading platform for micromobility, Lime has a unique opportunity to gather insights from our riders and their travel activity to advance global understanding about the use and impacts of Lime in cities. Your mission is to lead the Central Policy team’s European research and analytics efforts, with the aim of demonstrating the benefits of Lime’s accessible, low-carbon mobility offerings to cities.
The Central Policy team works as a central resource for local policy teams and also guides Lime’s central strategy. This includes envisioning what shared micromobility can look like and how to address tactical issues such as parking, safety, sustainability, and equity. While this position will focus on broad policy and strategy, this position is highly technical and will require a strong data analytics understanding.
What you will do:
- Work closely with Lime’s Central Policy team to develop an understanding of key policy questions related to Lime’s business
- Support regional government relations team in organizing and using data to provide a powerful advocacy tool for the expansion of our services to cities
- Create compelling visualizations and dashboards of Lime data to impactfully communicate key insights
- Analyze transportation activity data generated by users on the Lime platform, alongside other publicly available datasets, to interpret relevant insights about Lime ridership patterns and their effects on key environmental, economic, mobility, and infrastructure considerations
- Work cross functionally with Operations, Data Science, Product, and Local Policy teams
- 5-7 years of work experience in transportation consulting, academic research, or other technical positions focused on transportation
- Bachelor’s degree in urban or transportation planning, civil engineering, geography, economics, statistics, or other technical degree
- Passion for Lime’s mission, products and improving urban transportation
- Technical command of SQL and Excel/Google Sheets
- Technical command of GIS and other common geospatial and transportation data analysis tools
- We are a remote first company! For many roles, we welcome applications from anywhere we operate. It's preferred that the individual hired for this role be within 60 minutes of a Lime Warehouse.
- Experience with a data manipulation language, such as Python
- Experience working with cities and departments of transportation
- Experience with a data visualization software such as Tableau
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.