Human Resources Business Partner
People & HR, Sales & Business Development
Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
Lessen is one of the fastest growing companies in the real estate services industry. Our proprietary technology platform provides clients with portfolio dashboards, the ability to review and approve project estimates, check in on project progress in real time and pay vendors all in one place! But we aren’t just a tech company. We are also a property service delivery company offering renovations, turns and maintenance to residential and commercial clients. Lessen recently acquired SMS Assist, an industry-leading facilities maintenance technology and delivery company. The new combined national footprint will serve more than 250,000 properties, facilitate approximately 2.5 million repair and maintenance orders, and complete nearly 20,000 renovation and turn projects per year. Lessen has quickly evolved from exciting startup to valued partner, delivering scalable and turnkey property services to our clients.
The HR Business Partner supports a large area of the business operations and owns the people agenda. Builds strong relationships with senior leadership and seen as a trusted advisor to the business. Consults with business leaders on organization effectiveness, change management and capability development.
What You'll Do:
- Partners with business leaders to ensure execution and prioritization of HR strategies, initiatives, goals, and business plans.
- Provides HR leadership and influence through deep relationships with assigned senior leadership teams.
- Contributes to the business strategy by helping leaders identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes.
- Provides proactive and strategic guidance and support for organizational planning and development initiatives that align the HR agenda in support of key business strategies and initiatives.
- Proactively engages on talent management agenda including attrition, retention, recruiting, succession planning, professional development, performance, leadership development.
- Builds strong, credible business relationships with senior stakeholders, their teams and managers and create a respected presence with employees.
- Provides consultative guidance and coaching to managers and employees on human resources-related matters, ensuring alignment with corporate policies, goals, and objectives.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Supports company-wide organizational development.
- Provides Roundtable process management.
- Partners with the HR team to manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Partners with department leaders to develop goals and KPIs.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to all leaders (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) and ensure the effective deployment of the company performance management policy and process.
- Works with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Fosters a positive team environment.
- Ensures confidentiality of internal and external data
- Performs ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
Role Specific Skills:
- Ability to understand business structure and goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to drive continual improvement in business outcomes and the development of the value of HR within the company.
- Proficient in MS Office suite and HR IT tools such as LMS and HRM systems
- Individual contributor role
You Should Have:
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 10+ years of human resource generalist experience
- Experience supporting hourly employee client groups.
- Proficient in: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Master’s Degree in HRM or MBA preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
· Competitive compensation
· Dental, Vision, Life, Disability options
· 401K retirement savings plan
· Paid vacation, federal and floating holidays
· Maternity/Paternity Pay
· Career advancement opportunities
· All the tools you’ll need to be successful
Lessen is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates that are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and will help us amplify the positive & inclusive culture we’ve been building. Lessen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.