Amenity Operations Specialist - New York City
About the Role:
Industrious is building a range of products and services that solve the needs of large commercial landlords. One such product is to deliver event programming and manage amenities for the office tenants of entire buildings, in partnership with the building landlord. This is a critical part of our longer-term competitive strategy, and an important product for a different kind of customer.
The Amenity Operations Specialist supports the Building Amenity Manager and greater Hospitality and Amenities team in managing the overall day to day building amenity operations, including building standards and processes, supporting the conferencing center and community programming, building and maintaining tenant and vendor relationships, financial performance, inventory and back-of-house management, and tenant communications. The Amenity Operations Specialist will work closely with key stakeholders to ultimately conceptualize and deliver a best in class amenity program aimed at the building’s tenant base. You will help the Tenant Experience Management (TXM) team re-define what property management can look like in a building where traditionally disparate teams did not have to work together. Your ability to operationalize and document as you go will help ensure that we can replicate your success as we grow.
Your daily impact at Industrious:
Building Operations and Standards
- Be an expert in day to day building operations and amenity spaces and services.
- In consultation with the Building Amenity Manager, build scalable and standardized processes to improve the overall building amenity program and ultimately the tenant satisfaction.
- Identify and execute key hospitality processes and operations that support both our occupiers, our guests, and our greater building teams experience.
- Continuously assess the building and its resources, identifying priorities and objectives, and recommending valuable strategies to improve operational performance and services.
- Document and escalate maintenance and facilities issues through the proper channels.
- Ensure all the meeting rooms, lobby and other common areas are spotless at all times, and maintain staffing at amenity floor reception desk as needed.
- Order, restock, receive, and inventory supplies in a timely manner, avoiding outages, while managing COGs efficiently.
- Maintain clean and organized supply closets and back of house areas.
- Manage a daily walkthrough of the building and ensure standards are met; document and analyze data and work with building teams on solutions.
- Ensure LL bill backs are submitted on time and executed in adherence with TXM standards.
- Assist the Property Management team with any revenue reporting including creating invoices if necessary to allow for the efficient payment of vendor and 3rd party partners.
- Be an ambassador for Industrious and the Nuveen National Hospitality Program on building tours conducted by property management and leasing teams.
Conferencing and Community Programming Support
- Support Conferencing Manager in managing conferencing leads and bookings; coordination with clients as needed; logging events and reporting through Tripleseat.
- Assist in room flips for back to back bookings based on set-up requirements and staff conference bookings as needed - early/late depending on start and end times.
- Be present when meeting rooms or other bookable spaces are occupied ensuring a high service level; rooms are pre-set according to client needs; food is delivered on time and displayed tastefully.
- Collaborate with Conferencing Manager on post-event surveys to receive valuable feedback for internal and stakeholder use.
- Effectively and professionally communicate meeting room or amenity space bookings to both external and internal teams so all are informed.
- Ensure any wayfinding or signage displayed in meeting or bookable amenity spaces is per brand standard.
- Upload guest list prior to conference bookings and communicate with building management about guests; check in guests and be available in the conference areas as needed.
- Help with monthly billing reconciliation/ financial reporting on conferencing.
- Manage A/V vendor on the ground and triage IT issues as needed.
Community Programming Support
- Assist Community Programming Manager with event setup, breakdown as well as execution of the event if needed.
- Promote scheduled events and pop-up activations ahead of time via Tenant Mobile App, reception desk, lobby, physical and digital signage, or email.
- Help with guest check in registration, event flow, and breakdown if needed.
- Support with event data collection for event reporting in conjunction with the Community Programming Manager.
Tenant Experience and Communications
- Embody and display both Industrious service principles and Landlord values in all in-person and virtual interactions with tenants, guests, landlord partners, 3rd party amenity partners & vendors, and internal team with professionalism, integrity, and a strong customer service attitude.
- Build strong relationships with Office Managers and/or Workplace Teams on tenant floors to ensure their experiences are personalized and their teams are fully aware of the building amenity program.
- Build relationships with tenants outside of lobby interactions by being proactive in your efforts to engage the tenants throughout the building; input collected information in the CRM platform; help deliver on Surprise & Delight monthly standards.
- Participate in the onboarding process of new tenants and play an active role in their orientation of the building.
- Model and deliver on any new hospitality standards related to new products and services both internally and to the rest of the building team.
- Support in carrying out marketing plans, newsletter publishing and programming back-end mobile app content. Be the subject matter expert for the Tenant App for your building and support in monthly reporting of metrics.
- Know all the events occurring in all spaces on a given day to be able to speak and promote them confidently.
- Ensure digital and physical communications (mobile app/digital signage, physical signage etc.) are up to date and functioning appropriately.
- Manage group email inbox and general amenity inquiries; respond and triage requests accordingly.
- Assist in sending out tenant satisfaction surveys and review Net Promoter Scores regularly to optimize building experience; work with Property Management and other stakeholders on addressing feedback results.
What you bring to the role:
- 4-6 years of experience in project management, hospitality, providing facility oversight, coordinating day-to-day office operations, and providing office maintenance support
- Passion for Hospitality and building exceptional experiences everyday
- A hardworking team player willing to tackle anything from small internal administrative tasks to high-profile requests
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate quickly into a small team
- Someone who enjoys continuous change and improvement
- Detail-oriented with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and lead multiple responsibilities
- Ability to gather data and build as you go
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to identify problems and implement solutions
- Preferred experience in:
- gDrive/Dropbox file management
- A/V set-up and troubleshooting
- Note: This is an in-office role 5 days a week with variable hours based on conference and event schedules.
The annual base compensation range for this role is between $75,000 and $90,000. The successful candidate's actual base compensation will be based upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to work experience, job related knowledge, skills and professional qualifications.
You will also be eligible for up to 8-10% in performance-related bonus pay.
Base and bonus compensation are just two components of Industrious’ total compensation package that may be available to employees. Other great employee perks and benefits include: heavily subsidized healthcare plans, generous paid time off, company stock options, wellness programs, professional development grants, 401k plan and many other benefits, subject to applicable eligibility criteria and company policies.