Design Manager - Commercial Interiors
About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium workplace-as-a-service provider and home to the highest-rated workplaces in the industry. Everything we do comes down to creating great days for teams of all sizes and stages, including our own. We believe that what makes a great day at work is the people on your team and the problems you get to solve together. We’re looking for people who love thinking outside the box and thrive in a truly collaborative setting. As teammates, we encourage new ideas and toast every win. We’re excited about having a meaningful impact on people’s workplace experience.
Great days also start when everyone can be their authentic self at work. Diversity of backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences, both for our members and for each other. Industrious is committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment that embraces your individuality and quirkiness. You are valued for who YOU are. We celebrate our people as individuals who can accomplish great things when we work together as one team.
We are proud to have been recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers.
To learn more, visit www.industriousoffice.com/careers.
About the Role:
As a Design Manager on our Design & Construction team, you will serve a critical role in delivering outstanding environments for our customers and innovating on the physical products we provide. You will work closely with other Design Managers, Product Development, as well as cross-functional Real Estate, Construction, Operations, and Launch teams to support the company’s growth and development goals for new locations.
We’re looking for a creative self-starter who works comfortably in ambiguous circumstances, proactively seeks solutions to issues, and is excited to have a voice in design and product conversations across the organization.
This role is based in New York City.
As a Design Manager, you will:
- Lead the design of projects in the SD, DD, Construction Documentation, Construction Administration, and launch phases
- Support the facilities team on CapEx projects that focus on Day 2 improvements of our existing and operational spaces
- Support the sales team with member customizations
- Manage the specification of furniture, accessories, artwork, and greenery on assigned projects
- Ensure that Industrious product standards and guidelines are followed in design decision-making, advocating for both our brand and design vision to landlord partners, while managing the quality of vendor outputs
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional partners, including Construction, Pre-Construction, Real Estate, Facilities, Unit Operations, among others
- Own coordination of consultants and vendors
- Support the development of both team and cross-functional initiatives that reinforce business objectives
- Push us to continually improve by identifying opportunities for us to be more effective in our processes and workflows - either by doing things differently or by doing the same things more efficiently
- Identify design ideas, trends, and new product specifications to evolve our design standards and innovate our physical workplace products
- Participate in the process (feedback surveys, group review sessions, etc.) leading to the refinement and improvement of design guidelines and product quality
- Assist in development, documentation and maintenance of design guidelines and specifications
- Build a positive culture on our growing team and have significant input to our design vision, strategy, and execution
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture/ Interior Design with experience in designing relevant office environments with hospitality focus
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in commercial interiors
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, and Bluebeam
- Understanding of building codes and accessibility standards
- Proficient in the development of design drawings and ability to redline Construction Documents (architectural and MEP) against industry best practices, ensuring design intent
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate design ideas
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to effectively engage in a virtual environment with a widely distributed team
- Commitment to modeling Industrious values of integrity, teamwork, and ownership day to day
- Ability to travel within the US for project launches, company and team offsites/outings
The annual base compensation range for this role is between $95,000 and $105,000. The successful candidate's actual base compensation will be based upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to work experience, job-related knowledge, skills, and professional qualifications.
You will also be eligible for an annual bonus calculated based on individual and company performance.
Base and bonus compensation are just two components of Industrious’ total compensation package that may be available to employees. Other great employee perks and benefits include heavily subsidized healthcare plans, generous paid time off, company stock options, wellness programs, professional development grants, 401k plan, and many other benefits, subject to applicable eligibility criteria and company policies.
If your expected compensation falls outside of the given range, and you are still interested in working at Industrious, why not join our Talent Pipeline and be kept in the loop for all new opportunities that could be a good fit for your experience.