Construction Project Manager
About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium workplace-as-a-service provider and home to the highest-rated workplaces in the industry. Everything we do comes down to creating great days for teams of all sizes and stages, including our own. We believe that what makes a great day at work is the people on your team and the problems you get to solve together. We’re looking for people who love thinking outside the box and thrive in a truly collaborative setting. As teammates, we encourage new ideas and toast every win. We’re excited about having a meaningful impact on people’s workplace experience.
Great days also start when everyone can be their authentic self at work. Diversity of backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences, both for our members and for each other. Industrious is committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment that embraces your individuality and quirkiness. You are valued for who YOU are. We celebrate our people as individuals who can accomplish great things when we work together as one team.
We are proud to have been recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers.
To learn more, visit www.industriousoffice.com/careers.
About the Role:
As a Construction Project Manager at Industrious, you will be responsible for managing the development and oversight of commercial interior projects from conception through construction and closeout. Your work will be critical to providing a productive and more connected workplace for businesses around the world.
The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring that projects meet quality, schedule, contractual, and budget goals all while managing critical relationships and stakeholders. You will oversee project communications and tracking schedules, review construction drawings and RFIs, evaluate and coordinate building systems, and review and respond to code compliance issues.
This will be an engaging position requiring strong interior architectural capabilities, construction methodologies, and a proven track record delivering high-end commercial interiors. The ideal candidate should have at least 4-5 years of experience within the construction or building design industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your project management skills and gain direct exposure into the real estate, design, and hospitality industries from the owner's perspective.
The role will be based in New York, Atlanta, or Chicago and will require travel to all projects within the specific region.
The role will include but is not limited to the following:
- Deliver quality projects on time and on budget
- Manage all phases of projects, including project kick-off, scheduling, design and construction administration, budgets, and coordinate all internal and external resources with subcontractors, vendors and consultants of multiple projects at one time.
- Negotiate contracts and fees, coordinate bidding process, solicit and level project cost estimates, and manage value engineering strategies
- Lead project team meetings and oversee all project communications - including schedule, budget, meeting minutes, RFIs, submittals, invoices, change orders, punch-lists and all construction related documentation
- Develop and maintain all project logs and tracking tools - flow charts, internal and external trackers (related to schedule, budget, and other project data), checklists, SOPs, and templates.
- Work closely with design team to communicate and ensure that the design-intent carries throughout the project
- Work closely with the Real Estate and Legal team to ensure all risks and opportunities related to delivery conditions, financial reconciliation, scope, vendor management, schedule, and budget are identified when prior to executing an agreement/lease
- Evaluate internal project management processes and provide upward feedback
- At least 4 years managing commercial interior, retail, or hospitality construction projects, from initial programming through construction completion
- Proven track record of bringing construction projects in on time and within budget
- Experience reviewing contract language associated with lease agreements, consultant agreements, and construction trades
- Excellent practical knowledge of design and construction methods and MEP systems
- Experience tracking wholistic project financials including cost estimation and negotiating, creating bid packages, contract awards, cost reports and financial reconciliation
- Proficient in estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coordination, cost reporting, and proposal preparation
- Experience developing and reviewing Architectural and Engineering documents
- Professional Architectural or Engineering degree from an accredited institution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, Smartsheets, Procore, AutoCAD and Adobe Suite. Revit experience desired.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills to establish meaningful relationships with existing and new partners. Has the ability to drive/lead conversations and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to organize, plan and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively make sound decisions under tight deadlines
- Strong technical aptitude and analytical skills
- Must be team oriented and be able to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding requirements and expectations
The annual base compensation range for this role is between $115,000 and $125,000. The successful candidate's actual base compensation will be based upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to work experience, job-related knowledge, skills, and professional qualifications.
You will also be eligible for an annual bonus calculated based on individual and company performance.
Base and bonus compensation are just two components of Industrious’ total compensation package that may be available to employees. Other great employee perks and benefits include heavily subsidized healthcare plans, generous paid time off, company stock options, wellness programs, professional development grants, 401k plan, and many other benefits, subject to applicable eligibility criteria and company policies.
If your expected compensation falls outside of the given range, and you are still interested in working at Industrious, why not join our Talent Pipeline and be kept in the loop for all new opportunities that could be a good fit for your experience.