Rapidly growing NYC-based internet provider looking to hire a Senior Accountant/Assistant Treasurer to join their team. Working closely with leadership, this role will play an integral role in supporting and building out the successful financial operations of the organization. This role will also work collaboratively with the Accounts Receivable analyst, future Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst, and external financial stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be based in the NY metro area with the ability to work from Honest HQ in lower Manhattan approximately 2-3 days per week. Fully remote candidates outside of NY/NJ are also welcome to apply.
- Produce and manage financial statements and other bookkeeping matters
- Prepare financial reports for management and external stakeholders
- Manage payroll, including overtime, plus vendor payments
- Analyze financial information and summarizing financial status
- Reconcile cash accounts to close books
- Serve as point of contact for auditors
- Pay sales taxes, other taxes or fees necessary; following financial regulations
- Work collaboratively with FP&A and AR analyst on cash collection, budgeting and other financial planning matters
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- 1-3+ years proven experience in a corporate accounting role as a senior accountant, treasurer or similar role
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- A desire to take on new challenges and learn in a fast-paced working environment
$80,000-$100,000 target salary range, depending on skill set and experience. The role includes a target 10-15% bonus at the company’s discretion, as well as equity upside. This role provides significant opportunity to grow within the finance function over time.