Senior Product Manager, Intelligent Workflows
Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Austin, Dallas, Houston and Denver. Come build your future with us.
Homebound is proud to be named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2023.
About The Role:
Homebound’s product organization is growing and we’re looking for an experienced product manager to join our team. You will partner closely with design, engineering, and our machine learning teams to build intelligent workflows for personas across the business including homeowners, architects, designers, estimators, construction superintendents, and trade partners. We are looking for someone who embodies our values of being one team that executes relentlessly to build what has never been built before: a technology-enabled, scaled-up custom home builder.
What You'll Do
- Combine the best of humans and technology to deliver an exceptional user experience and define how a fully connected homebuilding platform should work
- You will have massive scope and influence with the suite of products you build, making it critical to clearly define and articulate an end to end vision that inspires and drives alignment
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of stakeholders, end-users, data scientists, ML experts, engineers, product designers, and product leaders in both day to day work and in defining the overarching strategy, vision and roadmap
- Become a subject matter expert on homebuilding and all its inner workings and complexity; you should be just as comfortable problem solving with a director of construction as you are with a designer or an engineer
- Make hard, high-stakes trade-offs between features, choosing those that are most likely to ensure that both business goals and user needs are met
- Identify product gaps and gather product requirements through internal research, market research, customer research, and data analysis
- Develop and maintain product specifications, user stories, and use cases to guide the development team in building the product
What You'll Bring:
- 7+ years of Product Management experience or a combination of product + related experiences (e.g., strategy consulting, customer experience with digital solutions, AI, etc.)
- Experience mapping and automating complex manual processes involving multiple users multiple users across multiple work streams
- Experience developing a strategy for when to invest in AI, when to invest in logic/data driven workflows, and when human intervention is needed to reach an optimal balance between efficiency and accuracy
- You are a “full stack PM” with a demonstrated ability to plan, manage, and drive projects from beginning to end, including user research, discovery, scoping, requirements documentation and GTM
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to take something complex and break it down in a way someone with no business or tech experience could understand
- Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization
- Experience in managing and prioritizing short-term business needs against larger strategic bets
- Ability to use data to inform decision making and measure results of released products to make informed recommendations for improvements
- Ability to work on a distributed, diverse team
- Willing to travel once a month for in-person working sessions
Something looks off?