Claims Customer Advocate
Location: US - Remote
Job Title: Claims Customer Advocate
Reporting to: Team Lead
Our mission is to deliver intuitive and proactive protection for homeowners, combining the power of technology with a human touch.
Hippo built the world’s first home protection platform. We believe that insurance should protect your home and the things you treasure with policies designed for modern lives and proactive protection that helps you care for your home. Our aim is to help you avoid issues before they become costly problems because the best claims experience is the one you don’t have. Simply put, Hippo exists to protect the joy of homeownership.
About This Role:
The Customer Advocate position is responsible for responding to customer concerns raised with the Department of Insurance (“DOI”), Better Business Bureau (“BBB”), and social media. The Customer Advocate partners with internal departments and counsel to research and prepare written responses to reported customer concerns regarding claims management, underwriting, billing, pricing, sales, and customer service. Responses must be aligned with regulatory agency guidelines and meet strict timelines for submission.
- Respond to concerns from the Department of Insurance (“DOI”), Better Business Bureau (“BBB”), and social media within regulatory guidelines.
- Partners with stakeholders (e.g., DOI Specialist, Management, Hippo General Counsel, Claims Counsel, Compliance, business leaders, and external partners) to research, compile documentation, and provide resolution where appropriate, in a written format to report concerns.
- Communicate findings to applicable departments for process improvement with a focus on the customer experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years prior Homeowners Property Insurance experience required.
- Property claims adjusting experience is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of Homeowners Property Insurance regulatory requirements such as Insurance Claims handling requirements, underwriting guidelines, and rate filings.
- In-depth knowledge of Homeowners, Condominium, Liability, and Landlord insurance products.
- Experience researching and composing written responses to DOI and BBB complaints. Professional, verbal follow-up with these agencies is also required.
- P&C adjuster license preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment to meet strict regulatory deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with leadership, legal counsel, and business subject matter expert to research and obtain information.
- Exceptional rapport-building and customer interaction skills.
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401(k), long & short-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and countless internal career growth opportunities
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicated
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.