Location: Austin, TX
Work Type: Hybrid Work Schedule
Job Title: Claims Concierge
Reporting to: Team Lead, Concierge
Our mission is to deliver intuitive and proactive protection for homeowners, combining the power of technology with a human touch.
Hippo built the world’s first home protection platform. We believe that insurance should protect your home and the things you treasure with policies designed for modern lives and proactive protection that helps you care for your home. Our aim is to help you avoid issues before they become costly problems because the best claims experience is the one you don’t have. Simply put, Hippo exists to protect the joy of homeownership.
About This Role
At Hippo, we are committed to going above and beyond the industry standard when it comes to customer service. The Claims Concierge team is a vital part of that mission. This person will advocate for our customers throughout their claim's lifecycle. They are center stage when it comes to answering questions and coordinating with our team of Property Adjusters. The Claims Concierge team listens to our customer’s needs and ensures the claims process is as painless as possible. They are responsible for providing the business with feedback from our customers to continue to drive process improvements and enhance the customer experience.
- You have insurance experience and are looking to focus on creating a positive customer experience.
- You’re empathetic by nature, driven every day by your ability to help people through difficult situations.
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to maintain composure when dealing with someone in an emergency situation. You are the calming, helpful, & stabilizing force during a difficult time.
- You are intuitive enough to understand what someone says and needs even when they are not saying it, to proactively solve problems for the customer.
- This role may require weekend and after-hours responses without supervision, there is flexibility with scheduling and the ability to work from home to balance out this expectation.
- The Claims Concierge team is expected to proactively reach out to customers in times of peril.
- This role will work with the Property Adjusters and Team Leads to find a resolution for the insured while understanding the time constraints and deadlines the Property Adjuster is working under.
- You have the ability to de-escalate by issuing payments, setting ALE, discussing the estimate, making minor changes in Xactimate, and assisting with contents claims in Xactcontents.
- You will assist in the development of customer-facing initiatives and play a significant role in bringing them to fruition.
- A minimum of 2 years+ of Customer Service experience, or equivalent Insurance or Claims experience is required.
- Texas P&C License is required, or the ability to be licensed within 90 days from employment start date.
- Self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to collaborate but you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction.
- Ability to look at a Property Claims file and determine what is missing, and what is needed to move it toward a conclusion.
- The capability to effectively communicate with the Adjuster/Team Lead with the goal of assisting in a smooth process for the insured.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems.
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done.
- A natural inclination to work within a fast-paced and dynamic culture.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401(k), long & short-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and countless internal career growth opportunities
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicated
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.