Associate Account Manager
Title: Associate Account Manager
Location: Austin, TX / Dallas, TX (Hybrid)
Reporting to: Sr. Manager, Customer Support
Our mission is to deliver intuitive and proactive protection for homeowners, combining the power of technology with a human touch.
Hippo built the world’s first home protection platform. We believe that insurance should protect your home and the things you treasure with policies designed for modern lives and proactive protection that helps you care for your home. Our aim is to help you avoid issues before they become costly problems because the best claims experience is the one you don’t have. Simply put, Hippo exists to protect the joy of homeownership.
About This Role:
Provide on-going support to existing customers, help identify opportunities to offer additional enhancements to current policy holders. Associate Account Managers collaborate with the Account Management team to gather customer information, contact customers to obtain information/documentation on behalf of the Account Manager, gather trailing documents, and provide after-sales support to retain customers.
- Hybrid – Must work from Hippo office for 3 days a week. Employees assigned to a late shift (12 PM – 9PM) schedule that includes a Saturday can work remotely. Late shift schedule Monday – Friday is NOT remote.
- Schedule requirements: Shift work Monday – Saturday between 7AM – 9PM.
What You’ll Do:
- Respond to inbound phone calls, emails, and chat messages from existing Hippo customers to provide after sale support, retain business, and identify opportunities to offer enhancements to current policy coverage and cross sell opportunities.
- Research and respond to Customer inquiries following prescribed procedures, resources, and guidelines.
- Assist Account Managers with following up with customer on missing information and trailing documents.
- Apply problem solving techniques to analyze customer needs to respond to unique questions or escalations.
- Use interpersonal and customer relationship skills including advanced de-escalation techniques to retain business.
- Issue evidence of Insurance
- Apply problem-solving and analysis to respond to customer inquiries and concerns (Including Explanation of coverages and optional endorsements, coverage changes, answering “what if” claims questions, underwriting questions, processing coverage changes, reinstatements, endorsements, obtaining trailing documentation and all cancellations not transferred to the Account Management team.)
- Answer billing questions, processing payments, sharing discount information, updating contact information, Smart Home Detector /Sensors, explain Terms & Conditions, Hippo Customer Portal Support, processing reinstatements for customers still within the reinstatement period, processing refunds and processing cancellations when customer has acquired coverage with another company.
- Maintains appropriate records and performs related administrative and clerical functions as required.
- Proficient use of Hippo POD, Salesforce, Amazon Connect, Spekit and MS Office products; as well as, how to enter timesheets and time off requests.
- Apply front line level underwriting training to identify opportunities to engage account manager to ensure customer has appropriate coverage (e.g., Notifying the Account Manager that the Customer disclosed the property is being used as a rental instead of a personal residence.)
- Assists with on-boarding and training of new team members.
- Interface with internal departments to help resolve basic to moderately complex inquiries.
- Active Listening - Being fully present, making customer feel special, be a credible source of insurance information, seek clarification and listening for what isn’t said (e.g., tone and emotional language).
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking – Ability to analyze situations and available information to provide a comprehensive response.
- Emotional Intelligence/Empathy – Ability to quickly read emotions and preferences of customers and adjust response accordingly.
- Clear written and oral communication and ability to explain complex insurance terms in easy-to-understand language.
- Resourcefulness – ability to navigate multiple systems, documents, to obtain necessary information.
- Product knowledge
- Intermediate PC skills, with a focus on the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.) and ability to effectively learn and utilize proprietary Hippo systems and 3rd party carrier platforms.
- Ability to simultaneously navigate between multiple applications and windows.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complicated information to customers in easy-to-understand terminology.
- Currently hold, or have held a P&C License in the last 12 months
Nice to Haves:
- 2+ years insurance experience strongly preferred, or relevant experience in a similar position such as customer support, sales and health benefit administration.
- Experience with Salesforce, Amazon Connect and Spekit.
- Have a desire to help others protect their future.
- Are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise.
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401(k), long & short-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and countless internal career growth opportunities
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicated.
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge.
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Habitat - Downtown Austin, 5-minute walk from the train station. Fully stocked kitchen and weekly catered lunches.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.