BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. Founded in 2013, BitGo pioneered the multi-signature wallet and is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market-leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, the leading global stablecoin for Bitcoin. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions and supports over 600 coins and tokens. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 1500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many regulated entities and the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for an experienced System Administrator who will join our IT team in Bangalore. The System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently. Specific responsibilities include:
- Install, configure, automate, and manage software and hardware.
- Manage network equipment including switches, WiFi, firewalls, printers, etc.
- Manage Google Workspace, Slack, Attlasian, JAMF, and other SaaS applications.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security by following BitGo’s policies for access control and approvals.
- Ensure BitGo security policies are being followed.
- Follow change control policies using a ticketing system.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
- Be creative and design solutions for BitGo’s business needs.
- Maintain an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies.
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with networks (LAN, WAN).
- Expert in managing Google Workspace, JAMF, and Slack. Familiarity with APIs is a plus.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. OS, Security key devices, Cryptography, and firewalls) and data backup/recovery.
- Experience with Git and GitHub.
- Familiarity with MacOS and well experienced in Linux.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills and a pleasant positive attitude.
- Solid networking knowledge. (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Experience with Google Cloud, Cloudflare, and AWS is a plus.
- BS/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience and professional certifications.
- Ability to attend one or two meetings a week during US hours.
- Available for urgent requests outside of normal working hours.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive salary
- Meal & Commute allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Hybrid working model
- IT equipment support for work
- Great/Talented workforce to learn and grow with
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you'll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.