Head of Data
About the role:
Ever/Body is looking for a Head of Data to join our growing team. This leader will have tremendous exposure across the organization, including with leadership and investors, and will be a key partner to Growth Marketing, Finance, and Engineering. This candidate will be responsible for the tooling, reporting, analytics and insights that will fuel Ever/Body’s growth.
We’re looking for a candidate with strong technical skills (specifically SQL), as well as an understanding of business KPIs. This highly cross-functional role will lead data analytics and work closely with both business and technical stakeholders to evaluate and provide insights across client/cohort analytics, funnel KPIs, and general business mining.
Our Data Stack:
- BigQuery, StitchData, dbt, Looker
What you’ll need:
- Leadership experience in data analytics (5+ years in data and 2+ years of leadership)
- Proficiency in SQL (5+ years)
- Experience in consumer, 4-wall business
- Experience with cloud data warehousing (Snowflake/BigQuery) and dbt
- Experience with data visualization & reporting platforms, particularly Looker
- Experience working directly with both business and technical stakeholders & translating between data and business needs
- An understanding of query performance optimization, data warehousing, ETL/ELT tools, and data modeling best practices
- Excellent organizational skills & ability to prioritize projects while delivering timely and accurate results
- Basic scripting ability in Python or a willingness to learn is preferred
What you’ll do:
- Own data warehousing, ETL/ELT, reporting & visualization tools
- Develop and maintain ongoing reports, dashboards, etc. to drive business decisions
- Derive and present insights from our data to drive business strategy and fuel growth
- Work with cross-functional teams to define key metrics and utilize data for decision making
- Partner with the engineering team, who maintains our proprietary software tools and systems, to ensure data integrity, implement data solutions, and expand data collection and reporting
- Partner with growth marketing on measuring funnel health, cohort behavior and life cycles, and experiment analyses
- Partner with finance on overall business performance reporting
- Partner with operations on center/service demand and optimization, inventory planning, etc.
- Prepare presentations to management, board members, and investors and participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions and fundraising presentations
- Train cross-functional teams on data platforms and use
- Create and maintain culture of data-driven insights
Pay & Perks:
- Salaried position at $175,000-$200,000; including equity and bonus potential
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Employer discount for Ever/Body’s beauty services and products.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- One Medical Membership and Commuter benefits
- Role is based in NYC with some flexibility around periods of remote work