Manufacturing EHS Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for an experienced and responsible Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Engineer to join our team. As an EHS Engineer at Electric Hydrogen, you will be responsible for ensuring the organization complies with all environmental, health and safety regulations while making some of the most complex electrolyzer cells and stacks. The EHS engineer will spend most of their time on the factory floor, partnering with the manufacturing, engineering, and facilities to ensure a safe workplace for all our employees. Our Manufacturing & Engineering site is complex, fast-paced, and challenging. The candidate must be comfortable working in an environment with high expectations and tight deadlines.
You will be based at our locations in Devens, MA. This is onsite position.
Role and Responsibilities
- As an MFG EHS Engineer your primary responsibility is to ensure safe working manufacturing environment while maintaining productivity
- Partner with other EHS functions (Industrial Hygiene, Construction Safety, Hazardous Waste, Environmental, Ergonomics, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations, and conformance to internal standards
- Coordinate health and safety programs such as LOTO, noise control, PPEs, and hazard assessments
- Review equipment and space designs on everything from machine guards to chemical processes, and provide feedback on EHS impacts; Industrial Hygiene, Fire Safety, Chemical Safety, Process Safety, Hazardous Materials, NFPA Standards, ANSI/ASTM Standards
- Drive root-cause analysis of incidents to maximize the learning's and avoid recurrence. Facilitate incident investigations from a Learning Teams approach, ensuring that preventative actions address system causes and not just individual behaviors
- Oversee daily compliance with EHS policies and regulations
- Represent, emphasize, and promote our Zero Injury Culture to all employees
- Manage the hazardous waste inspections and environmental operating permits
- Conduct task hazard assessments and job safety analyses of new processes, equipment, and materials
- Conduct Environmental, Health and Safety compliance audits and tracking audit findings to completion
- Completing and submitting required regulatory paperwork
- Manage and deliver safety training schedules for several teams and departments
- Communicate and engage with management, EHS leaders, site operations teams, contractors, and vendors
- Lead investigations into all safety & security incidents and near misses and continuously improve safe operations
- Lead electrical safety & control of hazardous energy programs
- Willingness to be on a 24-hour emergency response on-call rotation
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State EHS related regulations and procedures
- BS Degree in chemical engineering, industrial engineering or environmental engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in an environmental/safety role in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
Compensation and Benefits | P3
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!