New Product Integration Engineer Co-Op
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
In this role, you will use your interdisciplinary skills to create compelling mechanical designs, work with contractors, and ensure smooth plant integration. We are looking for a self-motivated team player with unique viewpoints excited to build a new generation of electrolysis equipment. We are hiring multiple candidates for this role.
This position will be based in San Carlos, CA.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Team members could work on any number of the following tasks based on their interest, experience, and expertise:
- Collaborate with plant engineering, system engineering, and outside contractors
- Perform tolerance stack-up analysis
- Create test plans for mechanical systems
- Create custom drawings and system specifications, and select off the shelf components
- Work closely with suppliers to manage part quality and delivery timing
- Work with design teams to create factory acceptance test pass procedures and then create hardware to run those tests
- Create manufacturing plan, work instructions, and design fixtures/tooling for the electrolyzer plant
- Work with supply chain to identify partners/suppliers/contractors and bring partners/suppliers/contractors up to speed
- Work with the factory/manufacturing facility/fabricators to incorporate release cycles
- Work with teams to determine which features and improvements get added to the product during release cycles and the timing of the release cycles.
- Identify areas for DFM and cost improvement and work with teams to integrate it into the product.
- Train and hand off the product manufacturing to the sustaining manufacturing team once the first few plant(s) are manufactured.
- Create the plant installation plan, work instructions and manage/document the first plant installation.
- Work with relevant teams to develop Plant Commissioning Procedure, Plan, and Execute it for the first product plant.
- Research, test, and own the development of a software database for commissioning future plants.
- Take ownership and quickly resolve multi-disciplinary fabrication and field issues during deployment of product launch.
- Working towards the completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in General Engineering
- Project team (FSA, first robotics, rocket team, solar car team, etc.) or prior internship experience preferred
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others
- Eagerness to seek better solutions, asking fundamental questions
- Self-starter with an ability to spot problems and take initiative to solve them
- Ability to effectively communicate in a constructive manner
- Passion for decarbonization highly preferred
- $1500 transportation stipend will be provided or relocation 3,000
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!