Test Engineer - Electrical
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
In this role, you will help design, build, document, commission, and maintain electrolysis R&D equipment. You will join a multidisciplinary engineering team tasked with troubleshooting and optimizing equipment and metrology that is facilitating fast paced electrochemical development of the core EH2 product. The role will require knowledge of multiple disciplines (electrical, mechanical, chemical, and controls) with a focus on the electrical side.
You will work onsite, be based in San Carlos and San Jose, CA and will report into the Manager of Test Engineering.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the operations team running/troubleshooting/commissioning large scale electrolysis systems in San Jose and San Carlos.
- Own integration of large-scale rectifiers into various large scale electrolysis systems
- Investigate relationship between rectification and electrolysis cell performance
- Design, build, and commission high voltage and low voltage electrical systems to support balance of plant equipment
- Design, review, document, and implement electrical changes and upgrades to the various tester platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 3+ years of hands-on electrical engineering work with R&D test equipment
- Experience working with SCADA systems; interacting with equipment via HMI and logging data to a historian for analysis
- Experience with 480 VAC systems
- Experience with low voltage DC communication circuits
- Experience with electrical panel design and documentation
- Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams and drawings from a variety of disciplines
- Experience writing procedures and training users to operate the testers
- Experience with high pressure hydrogen or oxygen systems
- Experience with electrochemistry, ideally fuel cell or electrolysis systems
- Experience with controls systems. Ideally with PLC control coding experience
- Hands-on mechanical experience troubleshooting large fluid systems
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS | [San Carlos Zone] Test Engineer [P3]
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!