Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
Electric Hydrogen is searching for a Mechanical Designer. A successful candidate will have experience designing mechanical systems for industrial and manufacturing environments (both preferred).
The candidate must be a self-starter capable of operating with a high degree of independence and autonomy.
This position can be based in our Natick, MA or San Carlos, CA office. We are also open to remote/relocation.
- Experience laying out piping systems for water conveyance according to applicable standards (GCA5.5, ASME31.3)
- Pump sizing and selection
- Specification and procurement of various mechanical systems such as pumps, motors and piping
- Plant layout and interconnection drawings
- 3D Design of skid mounts for different pieces of hardware
- 3D Design of equipment for ease of over-the-road transportation, modular, shipping container, etc.
- P&ID production and maintenance
- Technical vendor management
- Detailed 2D and 3D design packages
- Codes and standards compliance review
- Sourcing and procurement
- 5+ years of experience in doing mechanical design for industrial, manufacturing or utility systems
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Solid Works or Onshape
- Experience with PLM software
- 5 years of experience with piping design
- 2 years of experience mentoring junior designers
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Electric Hydrogen has three compensation zones: the San Carlos Zone, the Natick Zone, and the National Zone. All employees are assigned to a compensation zone depending on their work location. Remote employees will be assigned a compensation zone once their work location is determined. This can be discussed with your recruiter.
[National Zone] Mechanical Designer (P3): $91,000 - $121,000 per year
[San Carlos Zone] Mechanical Designer (P3): $119,000 - $159,000 per year
Mechanical Designer (P3):
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!