Senior Commercial Examiner - FL
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work for Doma.
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the world.
Doma offers solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly simpler and more efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
MUST HAVE RECENT FLORIDA SEARCH/EXAMINATION EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED
Acquires and reviews all relevant documents from the appropriate public records (for example, clerk of court, property appraiser, tax collector, PATRIOT ACT database, PACER system), maps, surveys, title chains, prior title policies (exact and/or inexact) and related items affecting one or more parcels of land, based on results of this examination, prepares title insurance commitments, pro forma policies, owners and encumbrance reports, plat certificates and title chains
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical of those performed by associates in this job title; however, assigned duties may vary and associates may perform other related duties, and not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each associate in the job title or at a particular location.
Under general supervision:
- Prepares preliminary title status reports based on examination and research
- Examines deeds, grant deeds of trust, easements, codes, covenants and restrictions, deed assignments, re-conveyances, taxes, judgements, liens, assessor's parcel maps and other documents
- Reviews data to verify ownership, correct annotation, and proper execution
- Verifies that legal descriptions are written accurately
- Identifies specific requirements for preliminary title report, including requirements for affidavits for questionable documents
- Prepares disclosure of items to be resolved prior to approving title insurance
- Orders property inspections as needed
- Works with Title Officers or other higher level staff for guidance on unusual and/or problematic situations such as back vesting uninsured deeds, prior liens, need for indemnity, etc.
- Uses arithmetic to calculate split ownership percentages
- Coordinates typing of completed reports with support staff
- May perform all of the duties of a title searcher including opening files and inputting data, generating data from County records to identify tax payments and status, printing relevant documents and reports, sorting and assembling information, requesting additional documentation from title plants, and performing related support duties
What you should bring to the table as our Ideal Senior Title Examiner
- Completion of high school preferred
- At least 5 years of responsible experience in title searching in Florida required
- Basic underwriting procedures
- Basic real property law
- Basic coverages of title policy insurance
- Format and requirements for preliminary title reports
- Terminology and documents related to title search, title chain and property ownership
- Use of desktop computers including word processing and other common software
- Customer service skills
- English grammar and spelling
- Basic math for calculating percentages of split ownership
- A natural drive to live by our Core Values
- Working independently and meeting deadlines under pressure
- Performing detailed work rapidly and accurately
- Performing in-depth examination and verification of documents and maps related to property ownership
- Preparing comprehensive and accurate reports
- Interpreting and applying rules and procedures for chain of title
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Benefits for Full-time Employees including: medical, dental, vision, commuter benefits, as well as many other cutting edge employee options not typically found on the market
- Remote work friendly environment
- Trusting and motivating management as a result of a unique company culture
- Continuous training and growth opportunities
- A company partnered with Giants of the industry to support your success
- Yearly Bonuses
Shown below is the lowest to highest base salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the base salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. At Doma, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
This job is also eligible for the following compensation components: Bonus
How we’ll value you and make your life a bit easier:
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits to eligible employees: medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous vacation time, and paid bonding leave.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make is to build an outstanding team of colleagues and leaders who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits to all Full-Time employees:
- Work/Life Balance - We encourage taking Paid Time Off (PTO)!
- 12 Weeks of Paid Family Bonding Leave (Maternity and Paternity)
- Incredible medical, dental, and vision benefits options to allow you to customize to you and your family’s needs that all start on your first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401K with company match program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Critical Illness, Injury and Hospital Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.