Engineering Manager - Python (8+ years)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Docsumo is Document AI software that helps enterprises make automated decisions from customer documents. We help enterprises convert unstructured documents such as invoices, bank statements, tax returns into actionable data. We are backed by Sequoia, Barclays, Techstars & Better Capital, Fifthwall & others.
- As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing the overall software development life cycle of the product and hiring engineers in your team
- You will work and manage a cross-functional team. A cross-functional team consisting of Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, QA
- Responsible for key technical and product decisions. Provide direction and mentorship to the team. Setup best practices for engineering
- Responsible for driving good coding practices in the team like good quality code, documentation, timely bug fixing etc
- Create and maintain an open and transparent environment that values speed and innovation, and motivates engineers to build innovative and effective systems rapidly
- Minimum 8+ years experience in developing complex and responsive large scale products, with at least 3+ years experience in an individual contributor role in a product based startup
- At least 4+ years of experience in managing a team of 5+ engineers.
- Tech, skills & tools: Proficiency in Python (must skill),Experience with Flask and NoSQL database, understanding of kubernetes and cloud services GCP or AWS, experience with Docker, CI/CD pipeline required, ability to design, build and work with RESTful Web Services in JSON formats (Flask preferred)
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional and distributed teams with members from diverse backgrounds
- Strong leadership, project management, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in leading teams and using agile methodologies.
- Attention to detail is the most