Solutions Engineer (Philippines)
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Cobalt harnesses the transformative power of automation to elevate standards of physical safety and security in the workplace. We strive to eradicate mundane, repetitive tasks and empower people to do what they love. Eliminating these time-consuming tasks means workplace teams can focus on serving employees with empathy.
Would you like to be a part of this journey?
Cobalt’s team is changing the way companies approach workplace safety and security. Today, Cobalt robots are responding to alarms, conducting site safety checks and greeting visitors in hundreds of locations across the globe. Our proven robotics platform integrates smoothly into workplace culture and delivers a memorable user experience.
Solutions Engineers at Cobalt Robotics are the first line of defense in maintaining Cobalt's 150+ robot fleet. Their primary responsibility is to triage and resolve bugs affecting robots in the fleet. This is done in real time, with an emphasis on maintaining high service uptime for all of Cobalt’s customers. When not responding to immediate issues, solutions engineers also work to improve overall fleet performance, configure and deploy robots (remotely) to new customer sites, and set up new integrations with doors, elevators, and alarm systems. They also help respond to customer concerns and resolve issues to better meet the customer's needs. This is a full-time position that will work from Cobalt’s office in Manila, but you will also work closely with other engineers located in the United States and Korea. Although they do not develop software full time, Solutions Engineers work constantly with the robots and the software, and the ideal candidate will have the skills necessary to develop features and fix bugs to improve the fleet as the need arises. Our current Solutions Engineers enjoy the variety and the excitement of the position, and the ideal candidate will be adaptable, flexible, and eager to hone a variety of robotics-related skills.
Please note that although the significant majority of work will take place during the week and during local daytime hours, occasional weekend shifts, including night shifts, will be required. Weekend shifts will either be offset with commensurate time off during the week or compensated with overtime pay. Weekend shifts may also be traded with other team members in order to best fit everyone’s schedules.
This position will start as hourly, but has the strong potential to transition into a salaried position.
What You’ll Do at Cobalt
- Participate in an on-call rotation to maintain the robot fleet
- Identify, reproduce and root-cause issues related to the robot or customer systems
- Implement the Cobalt service for customers
- Communicate technical information to technical and non-technical customer audiences
- Configure and test new customer deployments, including mapping, physical integrations, etc
- Prepare robots and integrations for prospective customer demos
- Develop new robotics features and fix software bugs as the need arises
- Work closely with the rest of the engineering team to solve fleet management and customer issues
- Develop a deep understanding of how the Cobalt robot operates
What you need:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, Mechatronics, or a related field
- Demonstrated software engineering experience (full time employment, internship, and/or a strong track record of hands-on projects in an academic setting)
- Python and/or C++ experience in a Linux environment
- System administration and command-line experience on Linux platforms
- Strong communication skills, including excellent written and spoken English
- Excitement to learn about many different pieces of technology, from our robots to our web infrastructure
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- C++ experience in a Linux environment
- Experience with network configuration (especially in Linux)
- Experience with robotics hardware, especially sensors
Interested? Apply now!
Curious to see the robot? Check out our YouTube.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.