Compensation & Benefits Expert
Clarity AI is a global tech company founded in 2017 committed to bringing social impact to markets. We leverage AI and machine learning technologies to provide investors, governments, companies, and consumers with the right data, methodologies, and tools to make more informed decisions.
We are now a team of more than 300 highly passionate individuals from all over the world. Together, we have established Clarity AI as a leading sustainability tech company backed by investors and strategic partners such as SoftBank, BlackRock, and Deutsche Börse, who believe in us and share our goals. We have plans to continue growing our teams in Spain, the UK, and the US this year, so if you would like to join us on this rocket ship, keep reading! Your work will shape and guide the sustainable decisions of consumers and investors worldwide.
We are looking for a Total Rewards Expert who will be an essential part of our People Operations team supporting our more than 300 employees across nearly 20 different countries. As a Total Rewards Expert, you will report to our Director of People Operations who leads people operations, office management and compensation & benefits. Your time will be split between the following responsibilities:
- Compensation and benefits (60%)
- Performance Management (20%)
- People Operations (20%)
The role is based in Spain.
Way of Working: Remote / Hybrid
Compensation and benefits :
- Improve and execute our comprehensive compensation strategy that aligns with Clarity AI's goals and values, while ensuring competitiveness in our industry
- Set up and run end to end executive and company wide compensation cycles
- Assess and analyze compensation structures and practices across all our countries to ensure alignment with local regulations and industry standards.
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition team to grade roles in accordance to our job architecture, ensuring we maintain market competitiveness and internal equity.
- Conduct market research and benchmarking to stay up-to-date with industry salary trends and make necessary adjustments to attract and retain top talent
- Oversee the design, implementation, and management of employee benefits programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, and other perks, ensuring they are competitive and compliant in all countries.
- Analyze People data, generate reports, and provide insights on compensation and benefits to aid in decision-making processes.
- Lead design and set up of performance management process ensuring alignment with compensation strategies and overall company priorities
- Run data analysis and reporting for leadership during the review process as well as pre/post calibration. Assist the HRBP group with the analysis of outcomes in relation to promotion validation, talent mapping and succession planning. Incorporate meritocratic outcomes from performance review cycles into compensation cycles that follow.
- Collaborate with the HRBP team to align compensation strategy with performance management processes (performance review cycles)
- Ensure compliance with all local labor laws, regulations, and employment requirements in the various countries where our employees are based.
- Manage international assignments, ensuring compliance with immigration, taxation, and legal requirements for employees working abroad.
- Support the management of employee onboarding and offboarding processes in compliance with local regulations and company policies.
- Identify and implement People process improvements and best practices to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- 7+ years of HR experience including at least 4 years of dedicated Compensation & Benefits experience.
- Experience executing or leading compensation and benefits strategy on an international scale ideally within a startup or quickly growing technology company
- Experience managing salary benchmarking processes including the setup / refresh of employee job data and job matching in salary survey databases. We use CompAnalyst and Mercer.
- Experience supporting employees on compensation or other People related topics across different countries, ideally within the US, UK and EU.
- Data driven approach to decision making and a highly analytical mindset (high proficiency in Excel).
- Full fluency in English. Fluency in Spanish or another European language is a plus.
- Experience with local labor law within the EU (Spain) is a plus.
- ESOP / Phantom Stock: We want our employees to really feel part of Clarity AI. That's why we allow them to participate in our success with ESOP or Phantom stock options.
- Empowered Learning: We value continuous learning development and allocate an annual training budget to support your professional growth.
- Premium Health Insurance: We provide access to one of the top health insurance plans in the market, powered by Cigna.
- Wellness and Fitness (Gympass): Access to your preferred and your favorite gyms and studios - as well as online live fitness classes, health & wellness apps, and virtual personal training sessions.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: We promote work-life balance through flexible schedules and remote work options. For our hybrid work set-ups, we have offices in Madrid (complete with healthy food options and monthly office events), New York City, London, Paris, Riyadh, and Abu Dhabi, and access to a global network of co-working spaces.
At Clarity AI, we are dedicated to cultivating an exceptional workplace environment. We take pride in our culture, defined by our commitment to being fact-based, diverse, transparent, meritocratic, and flexible.
More about Clarity AI
Clarity AI’s Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur recognised as one of the most distinguished leaders under 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum. Rebeca is joined by excellent leadership from diverse backgrounds, countries and experiences. As well as teams of professionals from leading tech, consulting and banking firms, entrepreneurs, PhDs from top research institutions, and MBA graduates from top business schools.
Clarity AI has received several awards:
- Investment Week - Best Sustainable Investment Research & Ratings Provider 2023
- Fast Company - Most Innovative Companies 2023
- The Forrester New Wave Leader: ESG Ratings, Data, and Analytics 2022
- European Commission | EU Seal of Excellence 2020
- World Economic Forum - Technology Pioneer 2020
- World Economic Forum, Young Global Leader - Rebeca Minguela
Clarity AI believes diversity, inclusion, and belonging are essential for creating an innovative and successful workplace. By actively promoting and engaging in sustainability efforts, we can help create a more equitable and resilient future for our planet and all its inhabitants.