(Senior) Quality Engineer
Clarity AI is a global tech company founded in 2017 committed to bringing social impact to markets. We leverage AI and machine learning technologies to provide investors, governments, companies, and consumers with the right data, methodologies, and tools to make more informed decisions.
We are now a team of more than 300 highly passionate individuals from all over the world. Together, we have established Clarity AI as a leading sustainability tech company backed by investors and strategic partners such as SoftBank, BlackRock, and Deutsche Börse, who believe in us and share our goals. We have plans to continue growing our teams in Spain, the UK, and the US this year, so if you would like to join us on this rocket ship, keep reading! Your work will shape and guide the sustainable decisions of consumers and investors worldwide.
LOCATION: Madrid or remote within Spain.
- Quality Engineers have both the technical experience to work across multiple systems as well as great communication skills.
- You will influence product teams by implementing tools, metrics, and dashboards to measure and enhance our Data Quality.
- You will help the product teams define the right testing strategy
- You will influence the product teams, helping them to measure the quality of their systems and products through metrics and dashboards so they can deliver value with the highest standards (reliability, performance, data quality, data confidence, usability, etc.). The ultimate responsibility for the Quality belongs to the teams but the support from the Quality Engineer will help them to ensure their success.
- You will coach and help other engineers to grow their skills in testing and related good practices (TDD, BDD, Continuous Delivery, small batches, etc.) by conducting training, giving talks, and doing pair programming with the team.
You will lead by example creating tests for critical parts of the system, defining testing frameworks, adopting new test automation techniques/tools, etc. In general, you will help evolve the test automation tools and frameworks available for the teams.
- You have more than 5 years of professional experience as a Quality Engineer/Software Developer, and holding a degree (CS, Engineer, … ) is a plus.
- Proven experience in some programming languages: Python, Java or others
- Proven experience with some test automation frameworks like JUnit, Pytest, Cucumber, Cypress, Nightwatch, Playwright or others.
- You have knowledge of SQL
- You have knowledge of CI/CD orchestration tools like Gitlab CI or others
- You have experience building dashboards with tools like Looker, Quicksight or others
- Strong communication skills. The right candidate can thrive in an environment of asynchronous conversation since a part of the Clarity team will be based remotely.
- Open to try new technologies and programming languages.
- Fluency in English
It will be a plus if you had:
- Experience in data quality tools like Soda or similar
- Experience in data-related technologies like pandas, Airflow, Snowflake
- Experience in SaaS fast-growing business would be preferable, although not required.
The expected distribution of effort is:
- ~10% of the time will be spent on coordination with different stakeholders.
- ~20% of the time will be spent on people's support (training, support, etc.).
- ~70% of the time will be spent on hands-on technical work (code, software design, test, write documentation, review merge requests, etc.)
Our tech stacks are documented here: https://stackshare.io/companies/clarity-ai
- ESOP / Phantom Stock: We want our employees to really feel part of Clarity AI. That's why we allow them to participate in our success with ESOP or Phantom stock options.
- Empowered Learning: We value continuous learning development and allocate an annual training budget to support your professional growth.
- Premium Health Insurance: We provide access to one of the top health insurance plans in the market, powered by Cigna.
- Wellness and Fitness (Gympass): Access to your preferred and your favorite gyms and studios - as well as online live fitness classes, health & wellness apps, and virtual personal training sessions.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: We promote work-life balance through flexible schedules and remote work options. For our hybrid work set-ups, we have offices in Madrid (complete with healthy food options and monthly office events), New York City, London, Paris, Riyadh, and Abu Dhabi, and access to a global network of co-working spaces.
At Clarity AI, we are dedicated to cultivating an exceptional workplace environment. We take pride in our culture, defined by our commitment to being fact-based, diverse, transparent, meritocratic, and flexible.
More about Clarity AI
Clarity AI’s Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur recognised as one of the most distinguished leaders under 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum. Rebeca is joined by excellent leadership from diverse backgrounds, countries and experiences. As well as teams of professionals from leading tech, consulting and banking firms, entrepreneurs, PhDs from top research institutions, and MBA graduates from top business schools.
Clarity AI has received several awards:
- Investment Week - Best Sustainable Investment Research & Ratings Provider 2023
- Fast Company - Most Innovative Companies 2023
- The Forrester New Wave Leader: ESG Ratings, Data, and Analytics 2022
- European Commission | EU Seal of Excellence 2020
- World Economic Forum - Technology Pioneer 2020
- World Economic Forum, Young Global Leader - Rebeca Minguela
Clarity AI believes diversity, inclusion, and belonging are essential for creating an innovative and successful workplace. By actively promoting and engaging in sustainability efforts, we can help create a more equitable and resilient future for our planet and all its inhabitants.