Product Research & Innovation Product Life-Cycle Assessment Specialist
Clarity AI is a global tech company founded in 2017 committed to bringing social impact to markets. We leverage AI and machine learning technologies to provide investors, governments, companies, and consumers with the right data, methodologies, and tools to make more informed decisions.
We are now a team of more than 300 highly passionate individuals from all over the world. Together, we have established Clarity AI as a leading sustainability tech company backed by investors and strategic partners such as SoftBank, BlackRock, and Deutsche Börse, who believe in us and share our goals. We have plans to continue growing our teams in Spain, the UK, and the US this year, so if you would like to join us on this rocket ship, keep reading! Your work will shape and guide the sustainable decisions of consumers and investors worldwide.
We are looking for someone to contribute to our objective of creating products that bring sustainability insights to people and empower them to make more sustainable decisions.
In particular, we are seeking someone who can contribute to the development and expansion of our existing life-cycle assessment (LCA) capabilities. The Product Specialist should be able to apply their LCA knowledge to various use cases and help build models that deliver sustainability insights at scale. This includes bringing an LCA perspective to the creation of new methodologies and features as well as improving our capability to provide various product footprints (e.g., carbon, water) across different sectors (e.g., beauty, clothing, electronics).
The Product Specialist should possess exceptional quantitative skills and thrive in an entrepreneurial setting. This includes contributing to the research and innovation of Clarity AI products, identifying scientifically robust solutions that address the needs of our clients, and creating minimum viable products / models that can be integrated in our tech tool.
The ideal candidate should love tackling different types of problems, enjoy collaborating with others to solve cross-functional challenges, and be able to contribute to actionable solutions.
LOCATION: Madrid, London, New York, Remote
The Product Specialist will be responsible for conducting quantitative analysis and scaling & developing life-cycle assessment models to enhance our product offering. The role will include, but will not be limited to, the following activities:
- Define, create and validate new models and analytics as we refine our existing methodologies and expand into more sectors and more types of product footprints
- Coordinate and work closely with other teams (e.g., product management, data engineering, data science, business development) in the development and implementation of those models
- Assess trade-offs between different methodological options and propose the most appropriate solution for our clients
- Identify, understand and evaluate new LCA data sources to enrich existing models
- Explore statistical properties of datasets and identify relevant insights
- Conduct checks and validation tests on new methodologies
- Identify and propose continuous improvements and refinements to the product functionalities and methodologies
- Deeply passionate about sustainability
- 2-5 years of relevant experience of life-cycle assessment models
- Knowledge of standard databases & software such as Ecoinvent or SimaPro
- Outstanding quantitative and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of key sustainability challenges and trends for different consumer-facing industries
- Experience identifying, analyzing and interpreting patterns and trends in complex data sets
- Self-starter who will thrive in a start-up setting by taking ownership and initiative
- Flexible ways of working – can adapt when faced with changes in planning and can contribute to multiple types of work to support the team in meeting its objectives
- Complete professional fluency in English (minimum C1)
- Intellectual curiosity and sense of humor
- Experience in technology, consumer goods, retail sectors, sustainability roles, and/or LCA consultancies is a plus
- Awareness of sustainability regulations especially as they pertain to life-cycle assessment and product sustainability claims (knowledge of PEF, ISO 14040, Green claims directive, etc.)
At Clarity AI, we are dedicated to cultivating an exceptional workplace environment. We take pride in our culture, defined by our commitment to being fact-based, diverse, transparent, meritocratic, and flexible.
More about Clarity AI
Clarity AI’s Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur recognised as one of the most distinguished leaders under 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum. Rebeca is joined by excellent leadership from diverse backgrounds, countries and experiences. As well as teams of professionals from leading tech, consulting and banking firms, entrepreneurs, PhDs from top research institutions, and MBA graduates from top business schools.
Clarity AI has received several awards:
- Investment Week - Best Sustainable Investment Research & Ratings Provider 2023
- Fast Company - Most Innovative Companies 2023
- The Forrester New Wave Leader: ESG Ratings, Data, and Analytics 2022
- European Commission | EU Seal of Excellence 2020
- World Economic Forum - Technology Pioneer 2020
- World Economic Forum, Young Global Leader - Rebeca Minguela
Clarity AI believes diversity, inclusion, and belonging are essential for creating an innovative and successful workplace. By actively promoting and engaging in sustainability efforts, we can help create a more equitable and resilient future for our planet and all its inhabitants.