Data Research Specialist
Clarity AI is a global tech company founded in 2017 committed to bringing social impact to markets. We leverage AI and machine learning technologies to provide investors, governments, companies, and consumers with the right data, methodologies, and tools to make more informed decisions.
We are now a team of more than 300 highly passionate individuals from all over the world. Together, we have established Clarity AI as a leading sustainability tech company backed by investors and strategic partners such as SoftBank, BlackRock, and Deutsche Börse, who believe in us and share our goals. We have plans to continue growing our teams in Spain, the UK, and the US this year, so if you would like to join us on this rocket ship, keep reading! Your work will shape and guide the sustainable decisions of consumers and investors worldwide.
We are looking for a Senior Data Research Specialist that will help us build a reliable and scalable database of sustainability information, through both research into Companies’ CSR and ESG indicators methodology and quality assurance processes. This role will focus on exposures (whether companies’ revenues are exposed to sensitive ESG topics) and controversies (whether companies have been in the news due to controversial ESG topics).
The role provides an opportunity to understand how companies’ sustainability performance is measured and to gain experience in management and cross-functional communication.
The role is based in Spain (Madrid highly preferred, remote possible).
Working as a Senior Data Research Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring that we have the most accurate data in order to provide the most reliable sustainability impact measurements. The Senior Data Research Specialist role will include, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- Lead data collection projects related to exposures and controversies, including data analysis, quality assurance, monitoring and reporting
- Support automation of data collection processes and data ingestion through collaboration with technical teams and design of different collection UI
- Collaborate closely with research team on data prioritization and validation
- Directly manage 3 people internally and mentor and train external contractors and new team members on ESG indicators and sustainability frameworks
- Measure the performance of our external vendors and the quality of our data indicators using BI, Excel and Python/SQL
- Conduct research on ESG reporting standards and develop methodologies for the collection of best-in-class data in collaboration with the internal research team, data providers and external teams
- Perform ad hoc team projects as needed
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills (minimum C1 level-proficient user) - other languages are a plus
- At least a Bachelor’s degree - Finance, Economics, Accounting, Environmental Studies, Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of experience in a related field (fin-tech, data collection, data analysis, data research, project management, corporate governance)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to retrieve insights from complex datasets with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel, database applications, and/or business intelligence tools (e.g. Quicksight, Tableau)
- Intermediate SQL or Python knowledge (ability to perform complex data analysis and validations and to automate certain manual processes)
- Problem-solver, creative thinker and action-oriented - can get things done and makes quick decisions even with limited information
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time-management skills and the ability to succeed in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with changing requirements and priorities
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional and diverse teams at all levels of the organization
- Highly motivated, independent and passionate about sustainability and impact
- Knowledge of ESG, financial markets, and/or CFA ESG Certificate a plus
- Highly motivated, independent and deeply passionate about sustainability and impact.
- ESOP / Phantom Stock: We want our employees to really feel part of Clarity AI. That's why we allow them to participate in our success with ESOP or Phantom stock options.
- Empowered Learning: We value continuous learning development and allocate an annual training budget to support your professional growth.
- Premium Health Insurance: We provide access to one of the top health insurance plans in the market, powered by Cigna.
- Wellness and Fitness (Gympass): Access to your preferred and your favorite gyms and studios - as well as online live fitness classes, health & wellness apps, and virtual personal training sessions.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: We promote work-life balance through flexible schedules and remote work options. For our hybrid work set-ups, we have offices in Madrid (complete with healthy food options and monthly office events), New York City, London, Paris, Riyadh, and Abu Dhabi, and access to a global network of co-working spaces.
At Clarity AI, we are dedicated to cultivating an exceptional workplace environment. We take pride in our culture, defined by our commitment to being fact-based, diverse, transparent, meritocratic, and flexible.
More about Clarity AI
Clarity AI’s Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur recognised as one of the most distinguished leaders under 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum. Rebeca is joined by excellent leadership from diverse backgrounds, countries and experiences. As well as teams of professionals from leading tech, consulting and banking firms, entrepreneurs, PhDs from top research institutions, and MBA graduates from top business schools.
Clarity AI has received several awards:
- Investment Week - Best Sustainable Investment Research & Ratings Provider 2023
- Fast Company - Most Innovative Companies 2023
- The Forrester New Wave Leader: ESG Ratings, Data, and Analytics 2022
- European Commission | EU Seal of Excellence 2020
- World Economic Forum - Technology Pioneer 2020
- World Economic Forum, Young Global Leader - Rebeca Minguela
Clarity AI believes diversity, inclusion, and belonging are essential for creating an innovative and successful workplace. By actively promoting and engaging in sustainability efforts, we can help create a more equitable and resilient future for our planet and all its inhabitants.