Senior Data Scientist: NLP
This position can be based in London or Madrid. Remote options are available as well across the EU.
At Clarity AI, we are committed to bringing social impact to markets. We are a tech company started in 2017, leveraging AI and machine learning technologies to ensure environmental, social and governance dimensions are the focal point of decision making within financial markets.
We are now a team of more than 300 highly passionate individuals coming from all over the world. Together, we have established Clarity AI as a leading startup backed by investors and strategic partners such as SoftBank, BlackRock, and Deutsche Börse who believe in us and share our goals. We have plans to continue growing our teams in Spain, Portugal, the UK, and the US this year so if you would like to join us on this rocket ship, keep reading! Your work will be shaping and guide the sustainable decisions of consumers and investors throughout the world.
What are we looking for?
We like data scientists that work with data in a scientific way and that share our passion for bringing social impact to the markets and making a difference. At Clarity you will help develop the “gold standard” to quantify social impact that will be used by investors, consumers and governments:
- Use state of the art NLP tools, including the latest large language models, to efficiently extract, classify, and generate sustainability information
- Working side-by-side with a top-talent team from business and academia.
As the ideal candidate for the position:
- >4 years of working experience as a Data Scientist, 2 years experience with NLP
- You excel at problem solving:
- Clarifying the nature of a problem and formulating relevant questions.
- Breaking down a problem into smaller, more manageable parts, creating business value every step of the way.
- Deciding among possible solutions in a critical way.
- Implementing actions and evaluating outcomes in a quantitative way.
- You have strong communication skills. The right candidate can thrive in an environment of asynchronous conversation, since a part of the Clarity team is based outside Europe. We expect you to have strong communication skills and be able to create working relationships with coworkers across various locations.
- You possess and know how to share technical expertise:
- Practitioner of modern NLP tools and techniques for classification, extraction, summarization, regression etc
- Proficiency in standard tools
- Preferred Python and its data science ecosystem (spacy, nltk, Hugging Face, OpenAI, etc).
- SQL and noSQL databases
- and techniques:
- Data processing and cleaning
- Working with limited labeled data and humans in the loop
- Fine tuning and stacking of models
- Regression, classification, clustering and other standard algorithms.
- Bonus points if you have experience in
- Deploying big data technologies like Spark or Dask
- Using pipeline orchestration tools like Airflow
- Work experience in a software company / using software best practices in your day-to-day work
- You have a start-up way of working:
- Self-motivation and drive to succeed.
- Getting-the-job-done mentality.
- Learn by doing, all the time.
- Authorized to work in Europe / UK
Responsibilities of the role include
- You are expected to expand the technical expertise of our current NLP team. You will share that expertise by both providing technical guidance to the team and mentoring junior members.
- Day-to-day, you will have freedom to research, design, validate, and deploy NLP models to improve our current NLP systems.
- WHAT WE OFFER:
People are one of Clarity’s main assets. We have built a unique team and we all share 3 differential aspects: Excellence, Passion and Values.
- The team comprises professionals from leading consulting and banking firms, MBA graduates from top business schools, entrepreneurs and researchers and PhDs.
- Clarity’s Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur who has been recognized as one of the most distinguished leaders under the age of 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum.
We are different. We work hard to become the best place to work and pride ourselves on our culture:
- Fact based: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution-oriented discussions.
- Diverse: Encouraging diversity of personalities, cultures and experiences.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
- Flexible: Working flexibly in the broadest sense (schedule, location, vacation, styles).
Clarity AI believes diversity, inclusion, and belonging are essential for creating an innovative and successful workplace. Thats why we created our own ERG groups.
Our own ERG groups act as a voluntary employee resource group, they commit to promoting these values and creating a safe and supportive community for all employees. They are committed to creating a workplace that champions sustainability, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
To do this, they will advocate for sustainability initiatives, host and participate in events, workshops, provide a safe space for employees to share their experiences, ideas, and solutions, and collaborate with other departments and employee groups to improve the company's sustainability goals.
By actively promoting and engaging in sustainability efforts, we can help create a more equitable and resilient future for our planet and all its inhabitants.
We care about our employees. We think that every effort has to be rewarded and want them to feel comfortable with us.
- ESOP/ Phantom stock: We want our employees to really feel part of Clarity. That’s why we give them the opportunity to participate in our success with ESOP or phantom stock options.
- Training budget: Continued learning is important to us so we provide everyone with a yearly training budget.
- Amazing office in Madrid: We are located at Paseo de la Castellana 43 28046 Madrid Floors 5th and 6th floors.
We are a US company with a Spanish and London subsidiary. We have offices in NY, London, Abu Dhabi and Madrid, and a remote culture.
Our investors believe in us and share our goals. We are a leading startup thanks to public and private funding.
Clarity has received several awards:
- Fast Company - Most Innovative Companies 2023
- WEF, Young Global Leader - Rebeca Minguela
- Forrester New Wave Leader 2022
- European Commission | EU Seal of Excellence 2020
- World Economic Forum - Technology Pioneer 2020