Account Executive - Community Lending
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built’s platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean’s 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
As an Account Executive for the Built for Lending Division, you will articulate our value proposition to executives at lending institutions. The ideal addition to the team is a sales professional with banking or lending experience who is coachable, driven, and has an ownership mindset.
In This Role, You will:
- Develop and execute a sales strategy across a variety of different types of lending institutions
- Lead by example through perseverance, humility, and initiative
- Understand the prospect’s business through world-class discovery inquiry and listening
- Deliver the Built for Lenders value proposition in a clear and compelling manner to executives and decision-makers who may have limited software experience in a way that demonstrates you understand their business
- Qualify prospects and build business cases with an obsession for detail (e.g. ROI and workflow illustrations) for adoption
- Progress opportunities through various types and sizes of companies involved in construction (banks, credit unions, mortgage companies, private money, etc.) to close software agreements
- Coordinate with executive management and other internal teams (business development, client services, product, marketing, SE’s) to ensure alignment between business units so we can deliver a world-class client experience
- Rapidly learn the market, the decision-makers, our products, and the value propositions, and successfully sell into the Lender market meeting or exceeding agreed-upon quotas
- 5+ years of experience running the full sales cycle of a solution using a consultative approach
- Understanding of and/or experience with finance or construction industries is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience regarding back-office operations
- Proven record of exceeding revenue targets
- Superb interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Unquestionable integrity, work ethic, and sense of ownership
- Comfortable working in a high-growth environment
- Willingness to travel as needed up to 25% of the year
- Bachelor’s degree
Built’s salary range for this position is $105,000 - $125,000 per year. The pay range is designed to accommodate upward mobility in the role, therefore it encompasses the full span of proficiency levels for this role and we believe that the midpoint of the range is competitive in the market. Salary is just one component of Built's total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package at Built will include equity, commission, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, an unlimited PTO policy, a 401k match, and other benefits.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them brings their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Built Technologies (“Controller”). Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for current or future employment. You have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability.
For California residents: Please note that Controller does not sell your personal data or share it with third parties outside of Greenhouse Software, Inc.