Senior Engineering Manager
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built’s platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean’s 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
Built is hiring a Senior Engineering Manager, reporting to the Director of Engineering. This position is equal parts people leader and technical leader, happy to roll up your sleeves and dive into code with the team when needed, and responsible for the health of engineering teams, teammates, and technical deliverables.
Built Technologies is an early stage and fast growing FinTech company. Built is on a mission to simplify construction lending. Since day one, our goal has been to create the best way to access and manage construction capital. Our vision is to create the industry standard for construction lending software; to streamline the loan management process and provide unprecedented portfolio insights. We empower lenders, borrowers, builders, and others with innovative technologies, changing the way the world gets built.
Have you mastered being an Engineering Manager and looking for more? Senior Engineering Managers are responsible for ensuring the health and culture of their engineering teams, advancing Built through the growth of people and the progress of teams, and collaborating across teams to ensure that technical solutions are delivered on time and with integrity. Built’s Senior Engineering Managers are expected to have the same level of technical expertise as our Sr. Staff Engineers.
- Technical Leader, driving the correct complex technical choices
- Responsible for holding the team to the Built Bar
- Responsible for 1-3 engineering teams
- A decision-maker and tie-breaker
- Responsible for ensuring “the right people in the right seats.”
- Responsible for 5-15 engineering teammates
- Manager of Managers
- Ability to resolve 1-2 high impact/complexity tickets per sprint ensuring the team is focused and unblocked
Success is ultimately measured by the ability to consistently and predictably deliver improvements, iterations, and innovations, through and across multiple engineering teams, with an equal emphasis on product quality, customer satisfaction, and team pride.
- Quality is not a compromise
- Slice product problems into small, valuable, end-to-end deliverables or experiments with the engineering teams that will deliver the work
- In partnership with Principal Engineers and Product Managers, translate product problems into documented, diagramed technical solutions
- Contribute to the team’s success and deliver on time with integrity!
- Ability to find simple / elegant solutions to highly complex problems
- Contribute and drive the Built Reference Architecture
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years doing hands-on software development
- 2+ years managing software engineering teams
- Full Stack Development Experience
- Prior experience working in SaaS
- Agile/Scrum Master Experience
Built’s salary range for this position is $180,000 - $230,000 USD per year. The pay range is designed to accommodate upward mobility in the role, therefore it encompasses the full span of proficiency levels for this role and we believe that the midpoint of the range is competitive in the market. Salary is just one component of Built's total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package at Built will include equity, variable compensation, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, an unlimited PTO policy, and other benefits.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them brings their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Built Technologies (“Controller”). Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for current or future employment. You have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability.
For California residents: Please note that Controller does not sell your personal data or share it with third parties outside of Greenhouse Software, Inc.