Quality Hardware Engineer
About Assembly OSM
Our team has developed billions of dollars of urban real estate including the tallest high-rise modular tower in North America (461 Dean Street), and has led major manufacturing operations at companies like Tesla and General Motors.
The Assembly approach is quite different than the modular solutions that have been deployed in the past. The process is more similar to aerospace manufacturing than construction -- leveraging high fidelity digital twin models and distributed manufacturing to make our business more scalable and resilient.
If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
As a Quality Hardware Engineer, you will play a critical role in driving the development and qualification of key components at our suppliers. This role will require effective communication with internal and external teams, traveling to supplier locations in various regions, and making critical decisions on the spot. Your primary goal will be to ensure the delivery of high-quality component parts into Assembly’s production processes, enabling rapid development cycles and successful product launches.
- Plan, organize, direct, and conduct industrialization-related activities within the supply chain team.
- Develop, manage, audit, improve, and correct supplier planning and execution of system manufacturing and assembly techniques and quality control processes from the advanced development phase to mass production qualification.
- Provide leadership for New Product Introduction (NPI) at suppliers; leading supplier improvements in scalability, cost, and quality.
- Facilitate communication and clarification of technical requirements between suppliers and Assembly’s Supply Chain, Quality, and Design teams.
- Be accountable for supplier audits to ensure their ability to meet part performance, delivery, and reliability expectations.
- Collaborate with Assembly’s Design, Quality, and Manufacturing teams to determine the ideal performance specifications and supplier metrics.
- Guide suppliers in developing exceptionally robust processes and procedures to promote efficient and seamless production of high-quality products.
- Validate supplier corrective actions involving design and/or process changes to ensure they are robust, sustainable, and implemented for similar potential concerns across manufacturing lines and/or suppliers.
- Experienced with 3- 5 years in Supplier Quality, Quality Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering role.
- Familiar with Quality Systems: PPAP/APQP processes.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and have excellent team-building skills.
- A BS Degree in Electrical / Mechanical / Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering or Construction Management or have evidence of experience and exceptional ability.
- 2+ years of previous experience in supporting sub-assembly manufacturing either in the construction or manufacturing industries.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and inspection, 6 sigma, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA), Eight Disciplines Problem Solving (8D), and / 5 Whys.
- Ability to lead decision making and influence suppliers towards continuous improvement.
- Ability to explain complex issues in a concise and plain manner.
Salary Range: $90,000 - $130,000/ dependent upon experience
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging. We are proud to be a minority-led firm, equal-opportunity employer, and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*