Digital Delivery Engineer (CATIA)
About Assembly OSM
Our team has developed billions of dollars of urban real estate including the tallest high-rise modular tower in North America (461 Dean Street), and has led major manufacturing operations at companies like Tesla and General Motors.
The Assembly approach is quite different than the modular solutions that have been deployed in the past. The process is more similar to aerospace manufacturing than construction -- leveraging high fidelity digital twin models and distributed manufacturing to make our business more scalable and resilient.
If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
Assembly OSM seeks a 3D modeling specialist to develop and integrate digital workflows required to design and assemble modular prefab buildings. You will construct and maintain detailed 3D models for use throughout each product’s lifecycle and manage relationships with third party vendors and fabricators. We’re looking for someone passionate about leveraging technology to achieve more with less and who understands that a high-fidelity digital model is essential for a successful building delivery process.
- Develop high LOD (level of development) 3D models of modular building components natively in CATIA
- Work confidently with third party vendors and fabricators within a model-based delivery process
- Work across departments and with people from different backgrounds, to orient the product delivery process around 3d model DFMA reviews
- Identify opportunities to optimize or automate internal workflows using code, scripting or automation
- Make meaningful contributions in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment. This can range in scale from working on company strategy around 3d based project delivery one day, to digging in on modeling fastener patterns on a steel chassis assembly model.
- A 3D Modeling specialist with a passion for model-based design and delivery
- Detail-oriented and meticulous in your work. You understand that high-fidelity modeling is key to seamless communication of ideas and plans.
- A tactful, effective communicator who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Quick to identify issues and proactive in finding solutions.
- Excited and able to learn new software programs, and to use detailed parametric modeling to optimize design workflows.
- Thoughtful and enthusiastic about getting into fabrication details.
- Expert skills building 3D assembly modeling, with a strong preference for CATIA
- Real-world experience developing physical products and working with suppliers (in a manufacturing background) or detailing and delivering buildings and working with subcontractors (AEC background).
- A strong interest in 3D and technology in general, with a desire to learn new skills in tools more typically found in adjacent industries like shipbuilding, automotive, or aerospace.
- 5- 7+ years work experience in construction, manufacturing, engineering or building projects.
- Education in Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC), mechanical engineering, manufacturing or related fields. All candidates with applicable experience are encouraged to apply.
- Worked with suppliers or fabricators to make things existing in the real world
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- A working knowledge of scripting, code, automation,
- Experience with DFMA processes
Salary Range: $80,000 - $100,000
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging. We are proud to be a minority-led firm, equal-opportunity employer, and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*