Head of NYC Real Estate Development and Partnerships
About Assembly OSM
Our team has developed billions of dollars of urban real estate including the tallest high-rise modular tower in North America (461 Dean Street), and has led major manufacturing operations at companies like Tesla and General Motors.
The Assembly approach is quite different than the modular solutions that have been deployed in the past. The process is more similar to aerospace manufacturing than construction -- leveraging high fidelity digital twin models and distributed manufacturing to make our business more scalable and resilient.
If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
We are seeking an experienced Head of NYC Real Estate Development to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will be responsible for the top-line revenue of the company's work in NYC, sourcing new projects from third-party real estate developer customers, and building a pipeline of Assembly's self-developed projects. You will develop and implement our investment and partnership strategies, and lead our project-specific and portfolio capital-raising activities. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience in real estate development and investment, capital markets, or related fields, a proven track record in developing and managing relationships, and specific experience with NYC multifamily development.
- Own the top-line revenue for the company's work in NYC, sourcing new projects from third-party developer customers, and building a pipeline of Assembly's self-developed projects.
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with real estate developers, GP/LP investors, lenders, investment bankers, joint venture partners, and other industry players.
- Lead business development initiatives and manage the production of pitch materials and private placement memorandum/OM for both third party and self-developed project
- Develop and implement strategies for raising and deploying capital in Assembly projects.
- Lead the underwriting, structuring, and sourcing of debt and equity capital for our projects
- Negotiate terms and manage investor and lender due diligence processes.
- Coordinate the legal and closing processes necessary to secure project funding.
- Be a key stakeholder on setting business strategy and culture
- Understand and manage the full development lifecycle, from acquisitions and due diligence to the final certificate of occupancy.
- Experienced in capital raising activities for high rise urban multifamily development
- Excellent at communication and able to work effectively with a diverse range of peers, management, and executives.
- Capable of assessing and analyzing various investment structures and returns, and making recommendations on the most attractive proposals.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- An expert in developing and managing customer relationships, with a track record of structuring deals with customers.
- Experienced in NYC multifamily development, with a deep understanding of the full development lifecycle.
- Intellectually curious and embody a learning mentality
- Able to be extremely detail oriented and big picture at the same time
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Real Estate, or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in real estate development, investment, capital markets, or related fields.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in an unstructured, entrepreneurial environment and to lead cross-functional business initiatives with minimal oversight.
- Excellent visual presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical, structuring, and finance skills, with a solid foundation in Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with accounting and the review of financial statements.
Salary Range: $200-250k/year depending on experience
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging. We are proud to be a minority-led firm, equal-opportunity employer, and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*