Senior Product Designer
Who we are
We are a female-founded scale-up, currently made up of 100+ AltoVitians. Our fully-remote team hails from 14 different countries and collectively speaks 18 languages. Most of the time, it is our differences that are celebrated (whether they are in cultures, personalities, preferences or passions). However, despite those differences, there are a few principal attributes that we share which define an AltoVitian. AltoVitians are tenacious, humble, and thoughtful. Being humble is important because it enables us to keep learning every day, and tenacity is necessary because in a high performing environment as fast-paced as AltoVita, taking it slow is simply not an option!
Today is a particularly exciting time to join our team as we closed the Series A in 2022. This chapter won’t always be a smooth ride, but it will be filled with innovation, excitement and opportunities, so if you are ready for the challenge (and the fun!) of growing with us, we would love to hear from you.
What we do
AltoVita provides flexible living to employees anywhere in the world.
Most corporations, NGOs and government agencies do not typically endorse the use of (other) property platforms by their employees, because they do not deem them sufficiently safe for staff in their care. Therefore, companies have to resort to a highly fragmented property distribution system and as a result employees experience a slower, less transparent and more expensive journey to finding temporary accommodation for professional travel.
This is where we come in. Our founders experienced the frustrations of temporary corporate accommodation firsthand and decided that safety shouldn’t be a sacrifice. Today, the AltoVita platform boasts over 7 million properties in 36,000+ locations and 165 countries, with a key difference: every property is vetted and Duty of Care compliant, and our customer service team is on hand 24/7 to assist should any issue arise. This is why more and more organisations want us to take care of their employees’ stays away from home, and why employees all over the world will know who we are by 2025.
About the role
Design at AltoVita plays an essential role in ensuring the product is intuitive and efficient, helping free up smart people to work on hard problems for their organisations rather than the busy work that often comes with their jobs. We hold design to a higher standard than others in the industry, and it’s an important differentiator for us. The user experience is essential in building trust with our customers so they can feel confident that important aspects of their business run without fail for their employees. As designers, we’re responsible for creating these experiences that solve real everyday problems for employees.
This role will primarily support consumer-facing products (B2B and B2B2C), emphasising the importance of design, as our team is passionate about creating intuitive and efficient experiences. This hands-on position for a senior-level product designer aligns with AltoVita's commitment to elevating design standards, ultimately aiding our clients and their employees in running their operations more effectively and contributing to our rapid growth toward Series B.
Although we operate as a remote company, we value the importance of face-to-face interactions, both internally and externally. We host regular office days in London which allows a blend of remote and in-person engagement to ensure effective collaboration and alignment with our company's ethos.
- Partner with the Product Managers, Engineers, executive leadership, and other teams to deliver best-in-class, innovative work that pushes the limits of possible. Together, you will be actively involved in defining the customers’ and the business problems
- Conduct UX research and discovery sessions with clients, serving as the voice of the customer and advocating for the resolution of user problems
- Collaborate with various partners to design features aligned with the roadmap, and actively contribute to defining product requirements
- Create and validate designs through sketches, prototypes, and testing
- Create high-fidelity visuals and specifications for your final solutions
- Work with Engineering and Product to ensure quality implementation and user experience
- Driving design function forward by developing new ideas, improving design systems, and advocating for scalable design
- Create a culture of craft, quality, and execution by inspiring, motivating, and leading product designer to do the best work of their career
- You should feel comfortable changing elevations quickly, from high-level critical thinking to evaluating research, interaction, and design execution
- 7+ years of professional work experience in an individual contributor role on a product design team
- Experience developing complex design systems for digital products: both SaaS and B2C platforms
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing in-depth knowledge of user experience, user behaviors, interaction, and visual/user interface design
- Experience validating design decisions through user/usability research
- You have brought a relentless customer focus to high-impact, high-visibility projects
- You excel at written and verbal communication and use these skills to persuade and influence stakeholders toward building innovative products that uniquely resonate with customers
- Proven self-starter with a proactive and initiative-driven approach, who thrives in a fast-paced, data-driven environment: product companies, growing startups
- Experience in leading and mentoring other designers from the individual contributor role
- Ability to travel to London for off sites, office days and client meetings, as required
Ways of Working
AltoVita is a fully remote team. Although we have regular touch-points throughout the week, organise off-sites in several locations, trust is essential for us to work effectively as a team. Our founders empower us to make decisions autonomously, and in turn expect that we also empower our direct reports.
Join our Team
AltoVita is the sum of every member of the team. We know that a strong team is a diverse team, and are therefore committed to being an equal opportunity employer, so please bring all of yourself to the interviews and most importantly to our team.
Becoming an AltoVitian means you will benefit from:
- A team that will always put you first
- Incredible opportunities for growth and career advancement
- A fully-remote working environment
- Wellness benefits and a wellness budget, which can be spent on a range of options including gym memberships, home meal delivery services, mindfulness applications, and many more
- A work-from-home allowance to get your home-office set up
- A generous vacation package so you can recharge or explore