Sales Development Representative (India)
What we do
AltoVita provides flexible living to employees anywhere in the world.
Most corporations, NGOs and government agencies do not typically endorse the use of (other) property platforms by their employees, because they do not deem them sufficiently safe for staff in their care. Therefore, companies have to resort to a highly fragmented property distribution system and as a result employees experience a slower, less transparent and more expensive journey to finding temporary accommodation for professional travel.
This is where we come in. Our founders experienced the frustrations of temporary corporate accommodation firsthand and decided that safety shouldn’t be a sacrifice. Today, the AltoVita platform boasts over 1.5 million properties in 1,553 locations and 165 countries, with a key difference: every property is vetted and Duty of Care compliant, and our customer service team is on hand 24/7 to assist should any issue arise. This is why more and more organisations want us to take care of their employees’ stays away from home, and why employees all over the world will know who we are by 2025.
About the role
- The role primarily consists in sustainable growth of our customer base.
- You will report to the Director Client Partnerships, India.
- Identify new business opportunities within India - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services.
- Build long-term relationships with employees, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Seek out the appropriate contact within an organisation.
- Generate leads and cold-call prospective customers.
- Meet with clients face to face or virtually.
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these.
- Think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business.
- Work strategically - carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes.
- Draw up client contracts - involvement in compiling mutually agreed terms and conditions.
- Have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them.
- Liaise, coordinate and execute with external & internal resources (operational, product, sales & marketing teams) to serve existing and potential clients.
- Seek ways of improving the way the business operates.
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in relocation, business travel, hospitality, corporate housing and serviced apartment industries.
- Help to plan sales campaigns.
- Create a sales pipeline.
- Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management.
- Updating & maintenance of HubSpot as a CRM.
- Deliver against budget & forecast.
- Ad hoc duties to address a particular and clearly defined situation or responsibility.
- Drive technology adoption and bring AltoVita as the sole technology platform to all clients.
- Provide excellent customer success to clients.
- A minimum of 2 years in direct sales, service industry experience is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in a target driven environment.
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets.
- An excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally.
- Good IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets.
- Initiative and good decision-making skills.
- Project management skills.
- The ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals.
- Great organisational skills.
- Good networking skills.
- The ability to think strategically.
- Frequent travel.
Ways of Working
AltoVita is a fully remote team. Although we have regular touch-points throughout the week, share a virtual office on Wonder, and meet up in London twice a year, trust is essential for us to work effectively as a team. Our founders empower us to make decisions autonomously, and in turn expect that we also empower our direct reports.
Join our Team
AltoVita is the sum of every member of the team. We know that a strong team is a diverse team, and are therefore committed to being an equal opportunity employer, so please bring all of yourself to the interviews and most importantly to our team.
Becoming an AltoVitian means you will benefit from:
- A team that will always put you first
- Incredible opportunities for growth and career advancement
- A fully-remote working environment, and the flexibility to be the master of your own schedule
- Wellness benefits and a wellness budget, which can be spent on a range of options including gym memberships, home meal delivery services, mindfulness applications, and many more
- Two unforgettable team-building gatherings in London every year for AltoVitians from around the world
- A work-from-home allowance to get your home-office set up
- 23 days of paid vacation, on top of national holidays, so you can recharge or explore